Our Spring Tradition Page
Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the All 4 Nature's Watercolors Set Nature's Watercolors Set, or you can order them separately.
Our Spring Tradition Page
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: I used metallic copper St?zOn® ink to color some of the silver Lace Border Dazzles and the pretty metal brads. I used border stickers plus ribbon to edge the bottom of the photos and emphasize a corner on the small square photo.
- Nature's Watercolors Paper Pack
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Nature's Watercolors Ribbon Set
- Lacy Borders Dazzles Silver
- Flying ThinMents Brads
- StazOn Metallic Copper Ink Pad
- StazOn Ink Pad, Timber Brown
- Medium Zots™
- Sticky notes
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Corinthia Professional
- Mat the 5½"x4" photo on brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink with copper ink, let dry, and mat again on tan/rust vines paper leaving a ¼" border. Ink the edges with brown ink. Glue to the birds nest collage background paper, 4 ¼" from the right side and 3/8" from the top.
- Mat the 2¾"x4¼" photo on green ferns paper, then brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border on each. Ink the edges copper, let dry, and glue to the page, 5/8" from the right side and ½" from the bottom.
- Mat the 3" square photo on green ferns paper leaving a 1/16" border. Ink the edges copper, let dry, then mat again on tan/rust vines paper leaving a 1/8" border. Ink the edges brown. Glue to the page, 4¼" from the left side and 2¾" from the bottom.
- Write or computer journal on green/blue watercolor textured paper, trim to a rectangle and mat on brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Repeat for date and year. Ink the edges copper and let dry. Glue the journaling block to the page, ½" from the right side and the top. Glue the date 4" from the right side and ½" from the bottom.
- Ink the bee metal brad with copper ink and let dry. Trim the sticky portion of a sticky note to fit over the body of the butterfly brad as a mask, then ink the wings of the butterfly copper. Let dry.
- Ink two border Dazzles plus three innies with copper ink as shown. Let dry. Trim 1/8" brown ribbon to fit along bottom edge of the two larger photo mats, plus lower corner of the square photo and glue as shown. Place the copper inked border Dazzles along bottom of the two larger photos, trimming edges to fit. Place silver border Dazzles overlapping the bottom of the ribbon. Place a piece of remaining copper inked border Dazzles across the lower left corner of the square photo above the ribbon, trimming edges to fit.
- Add ribbons, and copper and silver innies as shown. Attach copper inked brads and silver dragonfly to the page near photos.