Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Happy Spring card
Happy Spring card
By Ann Bernklau
- When coloring with Spectrum Noir pens, I started with the lightest shade and ended with a darker shade. To aid blending, I used the lighter shade again.
- A curled ribbon border adds whimsy and dimension to your card-simply twist your ribbon and use Zots to evenly space the curls.
- With the fold on top, cover the card with Soft Nostalgia yellow dot paper. Cover the bottom half with Soft Nostalgia horizontal stripe paper. Print out the Soft Nostalgia tags & labels download and cut out the large shaped label.
- Use the Happy Spring stamps to stamp "Happy Spring" in the center of the label with black pigment ink. Heat set for a few seconds using the heat embossing tool. Glue to the card 1/4" from the top and 1/2" from the left.
- Stamp the Happy Spring chick on white cardstock and cut a rectangle around it. Round the corners with scissors or the Round Corner Chomper. Mat on Soft Nostalgia teal tile paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Ink edges black. Heat set the stamped image with the heat tool.
- Use the yellow set and turquoise set of Spectrum Noir pens to color in the chick as shown. Start with the lighter colors and work your way darker. Foam tape the chick 1/2" from the right and bottom of the card.
- Zot a Soft Nostalgia small sheer aqua swirl bow at the top of the chick. Use Zots to adhere one end of a Soft Nostalgia iridescent yellow ribbon starting at the bottom left of the chick. Twist the ribbon twice to get a curl, then Zot a section to the card. Twist the ribbon again and continue adhering with Zots until you get to the end of the card. Trim to the card edge. Zot a tiny amount of Soft Nostalgia yellow ribbon to the right of the chick, trimming to fit on the card.