By Lodell Halvorson
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Use 2 or 3 shades in the same color family to create depth. Begin with the lightest color, then medium, then dark and finish with the lightest one again to blend the three together.
- Botanicals Canvas Colorables
- 8½"x11" Chipboard Book Covers
- Chocolate Paper Pack
- Artful Collections Stamps
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- Yellow Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Warm Grey Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Brown Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Green Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- Vintage Label Punch
- Heritage Ribbon Set
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Cinch Webisode Bundle
- . Cosmetic sponge
- Trim two 8 1/2"x11" book boards to 5"x7". Cover one side of a book board with canvas colorable and glue, paying special attention to the edges that wrap around the other side. Cut three 5"x7" pieces of Chocolate paper. Cover the inside front cover, and inside and outside back cover with Chocolate paper.
- Beginning with the lighter colors, color in image with Spectrum Noir pens. Use the darker colors to shade picture as shown.
- Punch an oval using the vintage labels punch from Chocolate cream paper and ink edges. Stamp "wishes" in dark brown on the oval. Punch a label from Chocolate dots paper and glue oval centered on label as shown. Mat Chocolate dots paper on Chocolate cream paper, leaving 1/16" borders. Ink the edges brown and glue centered on the canvas, 1/4" from the top edge.
- Use the cinch to create holes and add binding to the journal.
- Knot seven 2 1/2" strips of various Chocolate ribbons on the binding as shown.