By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: I embellished my embossed image with Smooch inks for added color and definition. If you like, you could use mists, chalk or colored pencils instead of the Smooch ink.
- Batik Paper Pack
- Batik Ribbon Set
- Heartfelt Greetings
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Spring Embossing Folder
- Epic 6 Die Cutting Machine
- Cape Cod Smooch Ink, Molasses Smooch Ink, Lettuce Smooch Ink, Green Apple Smooch Ink, Shabby Pink Smooch Ink, Grape Soda Smooch Ink, Sassy Pink Smooch Ink
- Small paint brush
- All 4 Acrylic Blocks
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Foam Tape
- Medium Zots™
- Place your card with the fold at the top and cover the card front with green/pink/brown/purple collage paper. Ink the edges brown. Cut a lavender cardstock rectangle slightly larger than 4"x6" and spritz lightly with water. Place inside the butterfly embossing folder. Place the folder on top of the dark gray embossing platform and place the flexible cutting mat on top. Roll the "sandwich" through the Epic tool.
- Remove the embossed cardstock from the folder. Trim around the outside edges of the embossed border, then mat on ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the card front, 3/4" from the bottom.
- Paint in the large outer portion of the butterfly wings with Grape Soda Smooch. For the pink color, mix 2 parts Shabby Pink, 1 part Sassy Pink, and 1 part Grape Soda Smooch. Paint flowers, circles, and inside the upper butterfly wings as shown. Paint inside the lower butterfly wings, flower centers, and circles with Cape Cod Smooch as shown. Paint the butterfly body with Molasses Smooch. For the green, mix 3 parts Lettuce and 1 part Green Apple Smooch together and paint the vines and leaves. Paint the outside embossed border with Grape Soda. Let the Smooch dry.
- Stamp "Take care" on ivory cardstock with brown ink and trim to a small tag shape. Ink the edges brown. Tie a mauve bow and Zot to lower left portion of the card. Foam tape tag near bow as shown.