By Laura Nicholas
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tips: Back the Dazzles with mixed colors of papers for bright focals.
- Little Prints & Patterns
- Stacked Butterflies & Dragonflies Dazzles™ Silver
- 8"x8" Cardstock for Princess Papers
- StazOn Ink Pad, Timber Brown
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Brown pen
- Computer font, Century Gothic
- Cover the card front with brown cardstock. Cut the striped paper and floral paper to 3 1/4"x4 3/4". Ink the edges and glue to the brown cardstock. Back the border sticker with brown cardstock and cut flush to the sticker, glue overlapping the seams of the papers.
- Cut 1 3/4"x 2 3/4" mats of pink cardstock. Mat with brown cardstock and add pen detail. Glue the center of the striped and floral papers, as shown.
- Back the butterfly with blue cardstock, purple texture paper, and light blue cardstock. Cut flush to the stickers and stack with foam tape. Glue to the pink mat.
- Back dragonfly with brown cardstock, pink texture paper and dark blue cardstock. Cut flush to the stickers and stack with foam tape. Glue to the pink mat. Back smaller dragonflies with brown cardstock and foam tape above the large dragonfly. Add pen detail.
- Print a greeting onto pink cardstock and trim. Mat with brown cardstock and add pen detail. Glue under the butterfly mat.
- Inside the card: Cut 1"x 3 1/4" strips of striped paper and floral paper. Mat with brown cardstock and add remaining piece of backed border sticker to the seam. Glue across the card.
- Print a greeting on pink cardstock, mat with brown and glue over the floral paper. Back small butterflies with pink and purple texture papers and blue cardstock. Attach as shown and then add pen detail to the butterflies and around the greeting.