By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Create a dimensional center for your doily square die-cut by cutting away the lacy border from a second die-cut and foam taping it centered on the first. Embellish for a quick and attractive card focal.
- Pretty Little Posies double-sided paper pack
- Pretty Posies Ribbon Set
- 68 Posies Die-Cuts
- Teal Jewel Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Doily Square Cutting Die
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- Sanding Block
- Corner Chomper
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Pretty Little Posies orange paper. Cover the bottom 2 1/4" of the card with Pretty Little Posies blue/red/orange floral paper. Cut a 5”x1/2” Pretty Little Posies red weave paper and glue even with the top edge of the floral paper. Sand the edges of the card.
- Use the Doily Square cutting die and die cutting machine to cut 1 doily square die-cut each from Pretty Little Posies lime tiny flowers paper and Pretty Little Posies tan tiny flowers paper. Trim the square from the center of the tan doily square, then use the Corner Chompers (1/4”) or use your scissors to round the corners. Foam tape the trimmed tan square centered on the lime doily square. Turn on point and glue centered on the orange card front, overlapping the red weave paper strip.
- Punch out the butterflies, “Live SIMPLY”, and flower die-cuts to use as shown. Sand the edges of the butterflies. Foam tape the large butterfly angled on the tan square as shown. Arrange the 3 flower die-cuts overlapping the bottom corner of the tan square, then glue or foam tape in place. Glue “Live SIMPLY” on the right side of the card, 7/8” from the bottom, then foam tape the small red butterfly angled on the lower right corner.
- Glue 1/4" wide tan/ivory gingham even with the bottom edge of the Pretty Little Posies red weave paper. Tie a tan/ivory gingham bow and Zot™ on the left side of the ribbon.