Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Finished In A Flash!
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Pages
Technique: Finished In A Flash
Designer: LeNae Gerig & Stephanie McCombie
Fabulous layouts don't have to take hours to create. Read on for LeNae and Stephanie's fast and easy 2-page spreads, each created with just one Finished In A Flash! page kit, some cardstock and a few basic tools. You really can finish your scrapbook pagesin a flash!
By LeNae Gerig
For the Left Page:
- Ink the edges of a 3"-wide strip of blue gingham paper and glue it down the left side of a sheet of striped paper (stripes running horizontally).
- Mat a 7"x5" photo on yellow gingham paper and trim the mat to 1/4". Mat again on red textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/16". Glue the photo centered on the upper portion of the page. Using a white mini brad in each end, attach the bar-b-que punch-out overlapping the bottom edge of the photo.
- Glue three kitchen utensil punch-outs in the top left corner of the photo. Journal the year onto the green tag and glue it over the top of the kitchen utensils. Tie an 8" length of red ribbon into a bow and attach it over the tag's tab with a Zot. Attach the Bar-B-Que Fun!, What's Cooking? and Is it done yet? punch-outs down the right edge of the photo using red and blue mini brads.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock and crop to a horizontal rectangle with about 1 1/2" of blank space on each end. Ink the edges of the journaling and glue below the photo.
- Mat a 1 3/4" square photo on red textured paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and glue over the yellow tag punch-out. Glue the tag over the blank space to the left of the journaling, then use a Zot to attach a knot of white ribbon over the tab.
- Attach the apron Brad Buddy over the right edge of the journaling. Fold a 1 1/2" length of red ribbon in half and tape the loose ends behind the top of the barbeque tile punch-out. Glue the punch-out in the top right corner of the journaling, then add an apple brad in the bottom right corner.
For the Right Page:
- Place the other sheet of striped paper with the stripes running horizontally. Double-mat a vertical photo on white, then black cardstock, trimming each mat to 1/8". Glue the photo over the left side of the page. Glue the cook out punch-out overlapping the top edge and the apron punch-out in the bottom left corner of the photo.
- Computer journal a recipe onto white cardstock and crop to a vertical rectangle with about 1" of blank space at the top and bottom. Cut a piece of blue gingham paper that is 1/2" wider and 1/2" shorter than the journaling. Glue the paper centered behind the journaling so you get a 1/4" mat of blue gingham on the left and right sides. Glue the journaling over the right side of the page.
- Cut two 1/2"-wide strips of red textured paper that are 1/2" longer than the width of the journaling block. With a yellow mini brad in each end, attach the strips above and below the journaling, then add two coffee cup brad down the right side of the journaling.
By Stephanie McCombie
For the Left Page:
- Place the tan paper with the striped border on the left. Double-mat a 7"x5" photo on blue textured paper, then white cardstock, trimming both mats to 1/8". Ink the edges of the white mat and add the red clip punch-out to the bottom left corner. Glue the photo centered on the upper portion of the page. Add a blue brad to the clip punch-out and glue the puppy love tab over the top right edge of the photo.
- Mat a 5"x3" photo on white cardstock and trim the mat to 1/8". Glue the photo at an angle in the bottom right corner of the page and add a bracket punch-out over each end.
- Journal on the dog license punch-out and glue it at an angle to the left of the smaller photo.
For the Right Page:
- Place the tan paper with the striped border on the right. Mat a 9"x4" piece of blue textured paper on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8". Ink the edges of the mat and glue over the top portion of the page. Glue three 2"x3 1/2" photos evenly spaced across the blue paper, adding a series of three dog bone brads between the photos.
- Mat a horizontal photo on white cardstock, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Glue din the bottom left corner of the page and add the good dog! ribbon punch-out down the left edge.
- Computer journal in a list format onto white cardstock, then crop with 1" of blank space above the journaling. Ink the edges and add blue brads as bullet points to the list. Staple the spoiled punch-out over the blank space above the journaling, then glue at an angle to the right of the larger photo.
Love what you see? Then click here to check out all 8 themes of coordinated Finished In A Flash! page kits! Want even more ideas? Watch the Finished In A Flash! Webisode!