By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Cover your work surface with newspaper before using mist. Latex gloves are helpful in protecting the manicure. To keep the paper from warping when damp after misting, I place a clean piece of paper over the misted area and place something heavy, like a book, over the paper while drying. This keeps the paper from wrinkling when drying.
- Batik Paper Pack
- Batik Ribbon Set
- 7"x9" Birds Mask
- Grape Burst Smooch Spritz, Sun Kissed Smooch Spritz, Citrus Tickle Smooch Spritz
- Laraine Pearl White Paper Flowers
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Medium Zots™
- Cut a 9 1/2"x7 1/2" piece of green patterned paper and mat the rectangle with black cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border. Glue to the center of the violet grid paper.
- Place the mask over the center of the green paper. Mist Grape over the mask and then Sun Kissed. Let dry.
- Mist the leaves Citrus and let dry. Mist the roses Grape. Let dry and mist with Sun Kissed. Let dry. Glue the leaves at the lower left and upper right corners of the mask. Glue the large flowers among the leaves. Glue a purple sheer bow to the side of the large flower. Glue a small flower to each side of the top right flower. Glue 2 small flowers along the masked branch. Glue knotted lengths of lime sheer ribbon next to each small flower on the branch.
- Mat the 3 1/4"x5 1/4" photo with black cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border. Wrap with purple sheer ribbon and tie a bow. Glue the photo to the bottom right of the mask, extending off the green paper onto the violet. Use the pen to personalize with names and dates.