Project comments (0) | Write a comment
Thinking of You Card
Thinking of You Card
By Ann Barba
Designer's Tip: To make the greetings appear in your flower shapes, first stamp the greeting on scrap paper. Trim around the greeting and place on cardstock. Then, stamp the large flower image over the mask. Remove the mask and stamp the greeting in the blank space. The Perfect Printing Pouch helps your embossed images stay crisp, and prevents stray embossing powder from sticking to other parts of your card.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with black cardstock. Glue 6 1/4"x4 3/4" of yellow floral to the center. Cut 6 1/4"x3/4" of pink floral and paint a thin black line across the top with Tuxedo Smooch® Ink. Glue across the card, 1/4" from the top. Cut 6 1/4"x1 1/4" of pink floral and paint a thin black line across the bottom. Glue across the card 1/4" from the bottom.
- Swipe the Perfect Printing Pouch all over your card. Use VersaMark to stamp 3 swirls: two in the upper left and one vertically on the right as shown. Sprinkle on the black embossing powder and shake off excess. Emboss with a heat embossing tool.
- Place a strip of Zips adhesive lines across the top of the lower pink floral strip. Place the hot pink metallic ribbon onto the adhesive and trim to fit. Place a 5 3/4" length of Zips adhesive lines across the bottom of the upper pink floral strip, starting at the left side. Tie a small bow at the end of 11" of the metallic ribbon. Place the long end of the bow across the strip, ending with the bow itself in the upper right corner as shown. Add Zots adhesive dots as needed.
- Masking technique: Swipe white cardstock with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Stamp "Thinking of You" in any colored ink on scrap paper. Cut around the words. Place the words onto white cardstock. Stamp a large flower with stem onto the greeting, making sure the greeting appears in the center of the shape. Emboss black. Paint in the flower with Pool Smooch® Ink, leaving the area around the words white. Cut around the flower, leaving a 1/16" white border. Use this same technique to stamp and emboss "You make me Smile" in the center of a medium flower (for the inside). Color in completely with Pool Smooch® Ink. Trim around the flower, leaving a 1/16" white border.
- Swipe white cardstock with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Use VersaMark to stamp 2 medium flowers, 1 large flower, and 1 large flower with stem. Emboss black. Color in the first medium flower with Taffy Pink and the other with Sassy Pink. Color in the large flower with Pool, filling in the center stamen with Tuxedo Black. Color the large flower with stem Sassy Pink. Cut around all flowers, leaving a 1/16" white border (cut off the stem/leaves from the large flower with stem).
- Swipe the Perfect Printing Pouch over the solid green portion of the flower border paper. Stamp "just because" on scrap paper and trim around the words. Using the same masking technique as Step 4, stamp a small leaf over the words with VersaMark. Remove the mask and stamp the words in its place with VersaMark. Emboss black. Color in the leaf with Pool Smooch® Ink and trim around, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Stamp the following on the solid green using VersaMark ink: 4 small leaves, 2 large leaves, 1 large flower with stem (only the stem with leaves will be needed), and 1 sprig of leaves. Emboss black. Color all leaves and stems with Pool Smooch® Ink. Trim around all shapes, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Glue 2 small leaves in the upper left, about 1 1/4" from the top. Glue 1 large leaf 1/4" from the top and 2 1/2" from the right. Foam tape the "Thinking of you" flower in the center of the leaves. Glue another pair of small leaves 2" from the right and 1 1/2" from the bottom. Foam tape the large blue flower in the bottom right, 1/2" from the right and bottom. Glue the "just because" leaf and a large leaf in the bottom left corner, about 1/2" from the left and 1/4" from the bottom. Foam tape the Taffy Pink medium flower to the right of the leaves, about 1 3/4" from the left and 1/2" from the bottom. Create 2 layers of foam tape between the Taffy Pink and the Pool flowers. Adhere the Sassy Pink medium flower between them as shown.
- For the inside: Cover the inside with black cardstock. Cut 6 1/4"x4 3/4 of yellow floral. Stamp swirls across the top with VersaMark ink. Emboss black. Cut 6 1/4"x1" of pink floral and paint a thin black line across the top and bottom using Tuxedo Smooch® Ink. Let dry and glue across the bottom of the yellow piece, 1/4" from the bottom. Glue the piece centered to the card.
- Glue the green stem from the large flower with stem to the card on the left side, 3/4" from the bottom. Glue the Sassy Pink flower matched up with the stem. Take the sprig of leaves and cut off the top leaf. Glue to the right side, 1 1/4" from the bottom. Glue the blue "You make me Smile" flower to the top of the stem as shown (where the third leaf was cut off).