Our Favorite Kind of Day
Our Favorite Kind of Day
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Add extra dimension and pretty detail to your pages with 3-D Papier Tole Embellishments. Be sure to use the extra art pieces on the sheet for a finished look.
- Simply Susan Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Simply Susan Ribbon Set
- Simply Susan 3-D Papier Tole
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Font: Delius 14pt
- Place the Simply Susan flower swirl corner background paper with the decorative corner on the lower left. Mat the 5"x6" photo on Simply Susan black weave paper with 1/8" borders on top, bottom, and left side, with a 1 1/2" border at the right side. Cut a 2"x6 1/4" Simply Susan purple flowers paper and place vertically. Fold the right edge over 1/2" so the green side of the paper shows. Ink the edges black and glue folded edge in place. Cut a 3/4"x6 1/4" Simply Susan teal hounds tooth paper. Place vertically and fold the right edge over 1/4" so the black dotted side of the paper shows. Glue the folded edge in place. Glue the hounds tooth paper to the right side of the black weave mat, leaving a 1/8" border at the right side of the photo. Glue the purple flowers paper with green folded edge even with the right side of the black dotted paper. Ink edges and glue to the page, 3/4" from the right edge and 1/2" from the top.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x1/2" lavender swirls paper and ink the edges. Cut a 3 1/2"x1/4" teal houndstooth paper and ink the edges. Glue centered on the lavender swirls strip and glue on the 3 1/2"x4 1/8" photo 1" from the bottom. Mat the photo on black weave paper with 1/4" borders. Glue to the page 1" from the right side and 1/4" from the bottom.
- Write or computer print journaling and date on Simply Susan green weave paper. Trim journaling block to a 2 3/4" rectangle, then mat on black weave paper with 1/16" borders. Glue to the left side of the large photo. Trim the date to a small rectangle and mat on black weave paper with thin borders. Foam tape to the page as shown.
- Punch out the pieces for the smaller flower with swirls Papier Tole embellishment. Layer the pieces together with foam tape according to number. Glue the finished embellishment overlapping the upper portion of the large photo. Layer together the large butterfly embellishment and glue angled on the right side of the large photo as shown. Punch out two tiny purple butterflies and two small flowers (extra art) from the Papier Tole sheet and foam tape them to the page as shown.