Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Summer Pages
Designer: Laura Nicholas
June is here and summer is on its way! Celebrate the new season with fresh outdoor photos and summertime color in your scrapbook. Read on for two of Lauras favorite summery layouts.
By Laura Nicholas
- Place the blue paper with the diamond border at the top. Cut a 12"x2 3/4" strip of striped paper (stripes running vertically) and ink one long edge. Glue the strip even with the top edge of the blue paper, placing the inked edge at the bottom and covering the diamond border.
- Ink the long edges of a 12"x2 3/4" strip of lime circles paper. Glue the strip across the bottom of the page, leaving exactly 6" of space between the top of the strip and the bottom of the striped paper strip.
- Ink the long edges of a 6"x4 1/4" piece of orange texture paper and glue it even with the left side of the page and the top edge of the lime circles strip.
- Glue a 4"x6" photo to the left side of the page so the top and bottom edges are even with the edges of the striped and circles paper strips and the right edge is even with the orange texture piece. Add zigzag penwork overlapping the horizontal seams between all the paper pieces.
- Punch out monograms to spell Pickin Melons. Cover the o with striped paper, then add dashed penwork around the edges of each monogram.
- From black cardstock, use the Tags template to trace and cut the second smallest of the standard tag shapes and the second largest of the scallop tag shapes.
- Foam tape the word Pickin across the striped paper strip, layering the standard tag under the first i. Dot the i with an asterisk monogram, attached with a yellow mini brad.
- Foam tape the word Melons across the lime circles strip of paper, layering the scallop tag under the o and adding a lime brad to the tab top.
- Computer journal on strips of white cardstock and add dashed penwork around the edges of each. Mat each on black cardsdtock, trim to 1/8" and glue to the right of the photo.
It is All About the Goggles
By Laura Nicholas
- Place a sheet of striped paper with the stripes running vertically. Glue a 2 1/2"-wide strip of blue texture paper across the bottom of the striped paper. Draw dashed penwork along the long edges of the strip, then glue the orange border punch-out centered across the strip. Attach the splash punch-out to the right end of the border punch-out with an orange sun brad.
- Mat three photos (measuring 7"x5", 6"x2 1/4" and 2 3/4"x2 1/4") on orange texture paper and trim each mat to 1/8". Glue the largest photo in the top left corner of the page. Glue swim and goggles punch-outs overlapping the left edge. Glue the long photo centered under the large photo and the final photo just right of the long photo.
- Computer journal two blocks on white cardstock. Crop each to 2 1/4 wide and add dashed penwork around the edges. Mat one block on blue texture paper and the other on orange texture, then trim each mat to 1/8". Glue the blocks one above the other to the right of the large photo. Accent one block with a sunglasses brad and the other with a yellow sun brad.