Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Flurries Template & Papers Set or you can order them separately.
By Ann Bernklau
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tips: . The stylus and blending tips are great for coloring in the template. . Fluid Chalk inkpads work surprisingly well on the silver linen foil paper. . The dotted vellum offsets the metallic background and creates a perfect area for journaling.
- All 4 Specialty Papers
- 12"x12" Flurries Template
- Stylus Handle & 6 Pads
- Ocean Fluid Chalk Ink Pad, Blackberry Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Snowflake Mini Brad Buddies™
- Vellum Dots
- Medium Zots™
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Place the template over the silver linen paper and place a paperclip on each side to hold in place (avoid clipping over the snowflakes). With the stylus and blending tips, ink the all the snowflakes with a dabbing motion, using Ocean ink. Rub in the ink a little and apply another layer if you want a darker shade. Remove the template, rotate it 180 degrees and clip it to the page again. This time dab lightly on all the snowflakes to achieve a lighter shade. Remove the template and color in some snowflakes around the edge of the paper.
- Use a different blending tip to color in some large snowflakes around the page with Blackberry ink. Let the page dry until the ink doesn't smudge when touched.
- Ink the edges of a 7"x5" photo with Blackberry ink using the blending tip. Mat on white cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border. Cut an 8 1/4"x8 1/2" piece of dots vellum. Print a caption on the bottom 2 1/4" of the vellum. Ink the edges of the vellum with Ocean using the blending tip. Glue the vellum to the page 1 3/4" from the top and 1" from the right. Glue the photo over the vellum above the journaling.
- Add 5 silver mini snowflake brad buddies scattered around the vellum and photo as shown.