Did you know that you could use your scrapbooking supplies to make wonderful handmade greeting cards? It's super simple! You're still playing with paper, scissors and glue, but at the end of your creative session you have something that you can give to friends and family. You also get the bonus of the recipient knowing that you made it yourself! I like to make several cards at one time that way I always have a few on hand.
This card bundle comes with 10 blank cards and envelopes for you to decorate, but you can make over 10 more cards with the additional supplies in the kit.
Designer: LeNae Gerig
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Cardmaker’s Classic Creative Pack
- Cardmaker’s Classic Ribbons
- Cardmaker’s Love Card Quotes
- Silver Heart Dazzle Stickers
- Black inkpad
- Glue stick
- Foam tape
- 1/2” wide heart punch (optional)
- Cover the card front with black scrip paper and trim the paper even with the card edges. Cut a 3 1/4”x4” gray rectangle and a 3 1/2” square of the red glimmer paper. Apply ink to the edges of the gray rectangle and mat with the red square, as shown. Glue to the card center.
- Knot the ends of the ribbon and cut the tails to 3/4” long. Glue the ribbon lengths across the center of the gray rectangle using a glue stick on the back of the ribbon. Trim the ribbon even with the card edges.
- Cut a 2 3/8” strip of black script paper and tear the bottom edge to 3” long. Use your fingertips to roll the torn edge. Punch or cut a 1/2” wide heart from the red glimmer paper and place at the center back of the large heart Dazzle™ sticker. Place the sticker centered on the black script rectangle and foam tape the rectangle over the ribbon, as shown.
- Adhere two small heart stickers to the top left of the gray rectangle and glue the “I love you” cut-out from the Love Quotes book at the bottom right.
- For the inside: Use the leftover paper from the card front to decorate the inside of the card. Cut a 4”x6 1/2” strip of gray paper, apply ink to the long edges and glue to the inside back. Cut a 4” wide strip of black script and tear the top edge to measure 2” long. Glue near the bottom of the card, as shown.
- Cut out “My heart belongs to you.” From the Quotes book and tear the bottom edge to measure 2” long. Apply ink to the edges and mat with red glimmer paper, leaving a 1/8” wide border and torn bottom edge. Glue the matted quote overlapping the black paper at the bottom. Adhere a small open heart Dazzle™ sticker to the red glimmer paper and cut out close to the silver edge. Glue directly to the Quote. Adhere the scrolled heart at the bottom of the card as shown.