Birthday Border Page
By: LeNae Gerig
Create a page border using wide piece of paper in a contrasting color, to make it stand out against the background paper.
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Kaleidoscope paper pack (link)
- Chalk inkpads: Ocean (link), Berrylicious (link) and Dark Brown (link)
- 8x8 Princess Cardstocks (link)
- Boutique Ribbon Set - Aqua 1/8” wide grosgrain and 3/8” wide ivory/green gingham ribbons (link)
- Earth’s Palette Creative Kit - 2 aqua mini brads (link)
- 1/16” hole punch (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Apply brown ink to the long edges of a 3 1/4” x 12” piece of red textured paper by using the surface of the inkpad. Glue to the brown floral paper, 1/2” from the left side of the paper.
- Stamp the Birthday Greetings stamps in different colors of ink on contrasting colors of cardstocks: lime green, yellow, aqua and pink. Cut into shapes that are appropriate to the size of the stamps. Mat with dark brown cardstock, leaving 1/8”-1/4” borders. Alternate gluing and foam taping the greetings down the length of the border.
- Place folded lengths of ribbon under 2 of the greetings and an aqua bow at the top.
- Mat a 4”x6” photo with dark brown cardstock, leaving a 1/4” border on 3 sides and a 1” border on the right. Write on a 5/8”x5” piece of pink cardstock and glue to the right side of the mat. Hole punch on each end and secure mini brads. Mat dark brown mat with red textured paper, leaving a 3/8” border. Mat a final time with lime green cardstock, leaving a 1/4” border. Glue to the center of the right side of the page.