Looking for a creative scrapbooking style? Try using “before and after” photos! From photos of a pregnancy to a home remodel to a surprising haircut (like poor Bailey!), side-by-side comparisons add a whimsical touch to your layouts.
About this Page
LeNae combined papers and embellishments from the dog Finished in a Flash!™ page kit with a bit of cardstock to create this adorable dog layout–in a flash! She selected a bordered paper as the background, then matted two photos side-by-side on coordinating papers. She printed her journaling onto white cardstock and added it below the photos, accenting it with trendy bracket punch-outs. LeNae created pizazz on the page by decorating the border with a collage of cute, coordinating embellishments.
LeNae’s Tip of the Month
Would you believe this “Poor Bailey” layout took me just 20 minutes to create? And that includes the double-matting, the journaling and the decorated border! What's my secret? Finished in a Flash!™ page kits! They make beginning scrapbooking so easy, with coordinating papers and made-to-match embellishments all in one! With the amount of papers and embellishments included in each kit, you don't have to worry about building a huge stash of supplies before you can get started scrapbooking. Also included in each kit are four simple double-page spread samples (that's eight layout ideas!) to get you started, plus tips for using all the embellishments in the kit.
LeNae’s Steps to Making this Layout:
- Place the tan textured paper with the striped border on the left. Mat two vertical photos side-by-side on red textured paper (with 1/8" of space in between) and trim the mat to 1/8". Mat again on tan dotted paper, trim the mat to 3/8" and ink the edges. Glue the photos centered at the top of the tan portion of the background.
- Use a black pen to journal onto the blank circular punch-out. Fold 1" of red ribbon in half and secure the loose ends behind the top of the punch-out with a red brad. Foam tape the punch-out in the top left corner of the left photo.
- Journal onto the blank blue tag punch-out and add a black paw brad to the bottom right corner. Foam tape the tag in the top right corner of the right photo. Tie 7" of red ribbon into a bow and attach the bow over the tag's tab with a Zot™.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock and ink the edges. Mat the journaling on red textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and glue centered below the photos. Add a bracket punch-out to each end of the journaling.
- For the border: Add a white bone brad to the corner of a paw tile punch-out and foam tape the tile over the top of the striped border. Add two black paw brads below the tile. Add the “woof” Brad Buddy™ to the scalloped tag punch-out and foam tape the tag below the brads. Tie 7" of black ribbon into a bow and attach the bow over the tag's tab with a Zot™. Add a white bone brad to the remaining paw tile punch-out and foam tape the tile over the bottom of the border.
LeNae’s Supplies for Making this Layout: