Tags & Labels
Tags and labels are great for journaling and page titles. You can also use them to mat embellishments or small photos. The Labels Template is great because you can make the labels any color cardstock or patterned paper you like. The Terrific Tags and Luscious Labels are conveniently decorated for you already–simply add journaling!
Computer journaling: Select a font and print text in a size that will fit on to the tag or label. Place the printed words over a light box or in a well-lit window. Put adhesive on the back of the tag or label and place centered over the text. Hand feed the paper back through the printer and print the same text again. This time it will print directly on the tag or label.
When stamping on the Luscious Labels or Terrific Tags the surfaces are glossy so you should use an ink like StazOn® which is a fast drying solvant ink.
By: LeNae Gerig
- Bountiful Paper Pack (link)
- Lovely Labels Template (link)
- 20 Terrific Tags (link)
- 20 Luscious Labels (link)
- Dazzles 3-D Butterflies silver (link)
- Whimsical Words & Doodles Stamps (link)
- Cardmaker’s Jewel Creative Kit (link)
- StazOn® Jet black inkpad (link)
- 1/16” wide hole punch (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Sanding block (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- White, burgundy and lime cardstocks
- Tear a 12”x 3 ¼” strip of floral paper and glue across the purple swirl paper, 1 5/8” from the top.
- Use the sanding block to lightly sand the edges of the 5”x7” photo. Mat with burgundy cardstock, leaving a 1/8” wide border. Glue the photo 3 ½” from the top and 1 ¼” from the right side of the page.
- Stamp “I love you” on to a large green Luscious Label and punch holes on each end. Secure to the left edge of the floral border using purple mini brads.
- Computer journal on a green tag and secure a burgundy flower to the bottom left corner and a purple brad at the top of the tag. Place butterfly 3-D Dazzles around the tag.
- Computer journal and print onto white cardstock. Trace small labels from the Labels Template around the words and cut out. Ink the edges black and then mat the labels with lime cardstock, leaving 1/16” borders. Secure purple mini brads to the sides of one label and foam tape both to the photo’s lower right.
More ideas for journaling on tags and labels