By: Susan Cobb
I stamped the images with pigment ink, and then colored them in with Spectrum noir pens. I used one color to fill in each animal, and then colored over some areas with the same pen for more definition. A wet paper towel is great to keep handy to clean fingers during the stamping process.
- Serendipity Paper Pack
- Serendipity Ribbon Set—23” length of 1/4” wide blue/white gingham ribbon
- Acrylic block
- HoneyPop Collection Balloon Buddies Clear Stamp Set
- HoneyPop Collection Honeycomb paper—Cool colors assortment pack
- White cardstock, solid yellow paper
- Spectrum noir pens, Lights Set (IB2, CR1, LG3, IG5)
- StazOn® Black
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Got that bling
- Cut a 6 3/4"x12” piece of orange paper with the yellow border at the left side. Glue vertically to the floral paper as shown. Mat the photos on pink/white dotted paper with 1/16” borders. Glue overlapping the right side of the orange paper as shown. Write or computer print journaling on white cardstock and trim to a 3 1/4”x2 1/4" rectangle. Mat on pink/white dotted paper with 1/8” borders. Glue to the lower left portion of the orange paper.
- Cut a 6”x5” piece of green/pink/orange flowers and butterflies paper and fold in half for a 3”x5” booklet. Trim 1/4" from the opening right edge of the front layer only. Cut a 2 3/4”x3/4” pink dotted strip and glue across the center of the front layer.
- Stamp the image (animals in hot air balloon basket) centered on the yellow paper. Heat set the image with the embossing tool. Color in the elephant with IG5, and the tiger with CR1. Add a second layer of the same color for darker areas. Use LG3 for the main part of the basket, and IB2 for the trim. Let dry. Fold the yellow paper in half centered through the middle of the stamped image.
- Stamp the “half” balloon image on the short end of the light blue honeycomb paper, aligning the straight side of the stamp with the edge of the paper. Cut out the image. Place the yellow paper inside the folded booklet and align it so there is room for the image plus the honeycomb balloon as shown. Glue paper in place trimming edges evenly. Glue the honeycomb balloon in place. Write or computer print “happy spring!” on white cardstock, trim to a small tag, then glue as shown. Zot knotted blue/white gingham ribbon near top of tag. Close the piece and tie blue/white ribbon around it tying at the front to secure. Place on the left side of the orange paper but don’t glue it yet.
- Stamp the second elephant and tiger image on yellow paper, then heat set the ink. Color in the animals as in step #3. When completely dry, trim to a 2 1/2”x2” rectangle. Mat on pink/white dotted paper with 1/16” borders. Tuck the bottom edge of the matted image beneath the folded booklet on the page and glue both in place.