Backyard Camp Out
By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Using small scissors is the key when making the thin “feather cuts” along the feather edges.
Font: Papyrus 22 and 18 pt.
- Fancy Feathers Paper Pack
- Feathers Ribbon Set
- Feathers & Flourishes Template
- Gold Pearl Feathers Dazzles™
- Iris Suede Paper
- Turquoise Suede Paper
- Classic Cardstock
- Black Ink Pad
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Glue Stick
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Place the Fancy Feathers border paper with the border on the left. Ink the edges of 1 7/8”x8” pink Fancy Feathers paper and glue 3/4” from the right edge and 1 3/4” from the bottom. Glue 1 1/4”x7” Iris Suede paper and glue overlapping the left side of the pink feather paper as shown.
- Mat 7”x5” photo with navy cardstock, leaving 1/8” border and mat again with pink Fancy Feathers paper, leaving 1/16” borders and ink the edges. Glue 2” from the right side and 3” from the bottom.
- Trace the #1 Eagle Feather, from the Feather & Flourishes Template, on to folded Iris Suede paper and follow template instructions to make angled “feather cuts” along the edge. Open the feather and glue to the left side of the photo. Trace #1-3 layers of the Quail Feather onto folded Iris Suede paper and glue the feathers stacked. Repeat with #1-2 layers of the Owl Feathers onto Iris Suede paper, glue and stack. Glue the feathers to the bottom left corner of the photo as shown.
- Place medium Gold Pearl Feathers Dazzles™ among the suede feathers as shown. Place a large heart from the Pearl Feathers Dazzles™ at the base of the Iris Owl feather. Use 1/2” wide green sheer swirl Feathers ribbon to make a bow and Zot™ to the base of the feather cluster as shown.
- Embellish the border on the right with Gold Pearl Feather Dazzles™ feathers and hearts. Write or print journaling on thin strips of blue sponged Fancy Feathers paper and ink the edges. Glue above and below the photo as shown. Embellish with Gold Pearl Feather Dazzles™ hearts.