A friend of mine, Laura Nicholas, did a wonderful page using our new foil papers along with a journaling and bow template. The results are amazing and easily reproducible.
The foil papers are a heavy weight foilboard that can be used for pages, cards and are great for 3D templates like the cupcakes and strawberry.
Use the foil papers and template to make a card using these same techniques. Just use the lower right corner of the page as your inspiration. Create the border, tag and embellish with the arrow and flower. What a cute card idea!
“Live, Laugh and Love always”
Designer: Laura Nicholas
- Aqua Striped Foil
- Swirly Floral Foil
- Classic Creative Kit
- Journaling Template
- Fold-It Bows Template
- Foam tape
- X-acto knife
- White, red, dark green and navy blue cardstocks
- Fine point pen
- Trace a wavy edge 3” from the bottom of the Swirly Floral foil and 2 1/2” from the bottom of the striped foil. Cut out along the wavy lines. Mat both wavy edges with navy cardstock, leaving a very thin, 1/16” edge. Reassemble the pieces with white cardstock behind the foil gap, recreating a 12” square. Use the pen to write “live…love…laugh” across the white border.
- Mat the 7”x5” photo with red cardstock, leaving a thin 1/16” wide border. Create another mat from an 8”x7” rectangle of white cardstock, matted with navy. Add a stitched border around the outer edge. Glue the white mat centered on the Swirly foil and off set the photo to the right, extending off the edge of the mat.
- Center the handwritten journaling at the bottom of the white mat. Trace the tag shape, from the Journaling Template, onto white and cut out. Add black pen stitches around the edges and mat with navy cardstock. Write the page title “Live…Laugh…and love always… Top the tag with a red "Claire" bow, from the template, secured with a white round brad. Foam tape to the border as shown.
- Lengthen the journaling bracket by moving the template over slightly while tracing it onto navy cardstock. Cut out with small scissors and glue to the white mat to the left of the photo. Secure a red “Angels Wings” bow over the bracket using a white brad. Secure red flowers with white brads and white flowers with red. Using an X-acto knife is helpful to poke through the thick foil paper. Cut green leaves from cardstock and glue under the flowers. Trace and cut a large navy blue arrow and glue to the left of the title tag.