About this page:
Summertime is a great time to take outdoor photos. This is the season where flowers bloom and the world is full of so many fabulous colors. To capture that summertime sprit, I used the Citrus papers and embellishments enhancing the beautiful colors of the flower lei and striped shirt in this photo.
Steps to making this layout:
- Mat a 5”x7” photo on white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Use foam tape to adhere the matted photo to the left side of a 7 1/2”x9” sheet of lime green cardstock, leaving a 1/4” border on three sides.
- Cut a 3”x7 1/4” white cardstock journaling block and glue on the right side of the lime green cardstock.
- Thread a yellow button from the Citrus Embellish-abilities™ kit with white string and tie a knot in front. Use a Zot™ to adhere the button to the pink flower. Use another Zot™ to adhere the flower to the bottom of the journaling block.
- Cut a 9 1/4” x12” piece of striped background paper from the Citrus Use ‘Em For Anything Papers. Mat only the top and bottom on white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border on top and bottom.
- Pull the left side blue diamond border paper from the Citrus UEFA papers. Use an X-acto® knife to cut along the right side of the diamonds (Tip: First place your paper on a glass or self-healing mat to avoid cutting your table). Start at the widest point on the top blue diamond and work your way down the page, ending at the point between the bottom green and pink diamonds.
- Glue the striped paper to the blue diamond paper, tucking the striped paper under the diamonds on the edge (Tip: Line up the striped paper and background paper on the right first, making sure the stripes go right to the edge. Tuck the left side under the diamonds and adhere at the back.)
- Glue matted photo and journal block to the striped paper.
- Using a needle or other pointed tool, poke 12 holes parallel to and about 1/4” above the striped paper. Your holes should be about 1/2” apart. Thread string through the holes to make stitch marks on the paper. (Tip: When stitching, make sure that your thread ends are at the back of your paper. You can secure them with a small knot and a piece of tape.)
- Repeat the stitching 1/2” above the first line, but with only 6 holes, and again across the bottom of the page from the diamonds to the right edge.
- Thread orange, yellow, and green buttons with white string and use Zots™ to adhere them to the diamonds.
Scrapbooking Supplies for this page: