Family Portrait 2011
By: LeNae Gerig
The Easy Scalloped Frames template is one of my favorite templates. It is a contemporary shape that is easy to cut out and it is so versatile. For example, it makes a great page border when only ½ the shape is used or an elegant edge for a card.
- Batik Paper Pack (link)
- Easy Scalloped Frames Template (link)
- Enchanted Garden Foil Papier Tole (link)
- Jewel Creative Kit (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Cardstocks: dark green and lavender
- Trace an 11½” frame onto the back of the blue batik paper. Cut out and mat with lavender paper, leaving a 1/16” wide border. Glue to the center of the blue/green paper.
- Cut a 12”x3” strip of purple batik paper and glue across the center of the frame. Secure 2 green brads at the top and bottom of the strip on each side of the page. Trace a 4” frame onto the back of pink batik paper, cut out and mat with dark green cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to the lower right corner of the large frame.
- Mat the 7”x5” photo with green cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to the center of the large frame, over the border. Assemble the Papier Tole 3-D embellishment using foam tape between the layers. Glue to the center of the small frame, overlapping the photo corner.
- Write or computer journal on lavender paper strips glue to the bottom left side of the large frame.