By: Ann Barba
Designer’s Tip: To get the red holographic stars on the background, I cut a few stars out from the background paper with an X-acto® knife and backed the remaining star-shaped holes with red holographic ripple. It’s an easy but eye-catching technique.
- Red Holographic Ripple Paper
- Suede papers: Forest, Navy
- Rock On Paper Pack
- Tonic® geared punch: Star Border
- X-acto® knife and cutting mat
- Place the stars corner paper with the stars in the bottom left. Place your paper over a cutting mat and use an X-acto® knife to cut out 4 stars from the background design as shown. Cut pieces of red ripple paper large enough to cover the holes and glue them to the back of the page so the red ripple shows through. Add tape to the back if needed.
- Use the border punch to punch a 6” stars border on both red glimmer and navy suede. Trim the borders to 1 1/4” wide. Glue your red ripple punched border along the back of the left side of a 4”x6” photo so that the border sticks out 3/4” from the photo. Mat the photo on navy suede with a 1/8” border.
- Glue the navy suede punched border to the back of the right side of a second 4”x6” photo so that 3/4” of the border shows. Mat this photo on red ripple with a 1/8” border and glue to page tilted to the right, 3/4” from the right and 3” from the top. Glue the other photo to the page tilted to the left, 1 1/4” from the left and top.
- Print a 3”x1” title and mat it on Forest suede paper with 1/8” borders. Glue to page 2” from the right and 1 1/4” from the top. Print a 3”x3/4” caption and mat it on Forest suede with 1/8” borders. Glue the caption 2” from the left and 2 1/2” from the bottom.
- Cut three 11”x1/4” strips of Forest suede. Cut 2 strips in half, making four 5 1/2” strips. Cut two 5 1/2” strips in half again and set aside. Cut one end of a 5 1/2” strip at an angle and glue along the top of the page starting on the left corner. Cut the end of another strip at an angle and glue to the left edge of the page starting at the top. Cut the end of a 2 1/4” strip at an angle and glue across the page starting 1/2” from the top and left. Cut the end of another 2 1/4” strip at an angle and glue along the left side starting at the corner of the previous strip. Complete the page by repeating the Forest suede accents on the bottom right corner as shown.