There's nothing quite like the bond between young sisters. Remember this special bond throughout the years with a fun, feminine spread in your family's scrapbook! (Tip: Have boys? Nix the pink and choose your favorite masculine-colored paper for a “Brothers” spread!)
About this Page
LeNae chose matching background papers from Pastel Use 'Em for Anything papers to create the foundation for this double-page spread. Next she combined them with easy embellishments like punch-out monograms, silk flowers and brads that were designed to match the papers. She started by adding dimension to the printed pinwheel borders with colorful mini brads, then added a large photo as the focal on each page. Coordinating monograms and layered silk flowers add playful color and texture to the page.
LeNae’s Tip of the Month
Monograms are great for creating your own page titles and adding initials, dates, punctuation and more to your scrapbook layouts. And it's as easy as punching them out and gluing them to your page! Simply hold the sheet of monograms flat with one hand and gently pull your choice of monogram toward you to remove it from the punch-out sheet. Run you finger or an emery board along the edges of the monograms to remove any perforation tabs before gluing the letters to your project.
Want a customized look? Try spelling words with a mixture of colors and fonts for a playful effect. And if you're feeling adventurous, try sanding or inking the edges of the monograms for a distressed look. Want to spell a word that's too long for the space you're working with? Slightly overlapping the monograms adds dimension and movement, and saves on space.
LeNae’s Steps to Making this Layout
For the Left Page:
- Place one sheet of pinwheel bordered paper with the border at the top and add mini brads to some of the pinwheel centers. Mat a 7"x5" photo on the lavender portion of the lavender bordered paper and trim to 1/8". Mat again on dotted stripes paper (stripes running horizontally), trimming the bottom edge to 2 1/4" and the three other sides to 3/8". Mat a third time on white cardstock, trim to 1/8" and glue over the right side of the page, leaving the left edge unglued.
- Computer journal “Friends”, “Companions” and “Playmates” separately onto white cardstock and crop. Mat each on lavender paper, trimming the mats to 1/8". Glue the right ends of the words under the unglued left edge of the photo mat, then finish gluing the mat. Add a brad to the left end of each word.
- Punch out and glue monograms to spell “sisters” overlapping across the bottom of the photo mat, knotting ribbon around the “R”. Layer a light blue silk flower on top of a yellow flower and attach them to the left of “sisters” with a yellow brad in the center.
For the Right Page:
- Place one sheet of pinwheel bordered paper with the border at the top and add mini brads to some of the pinwheel centers. Mat a 9 1/2"x4 1/4" piece of dotted stripes paper (stripes running horizontally) on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8". Glue the matted paper below the pinwheel border. Mat a 7"x5" photo on lavender paper, trim to 1/8" and glue over the dotted stripes paper.
- Double-mat a small photo on lavender paper, then white cardstock, trimming each mat to 1/8". Glue the photo under the bottom right corner of the larger photo. Layer a pink silk flower on top of a yellow flower and attach them to the left of the small photo with a yellow brad in the center. Punch out and glue one bracket to the left of the flowers and one to the right of the small photo.
LeNae’s Supplies for Making this Layout: