“Summer is our Favorite time”
By: LeNae Gerig
Pleated flowers, made from 12x12 scrapbook paper, make beautiful and easy to make 3-D embellishments that can be added to pages and cards.
- Batik Paper Pack (link)
- Serendipity Paper Pack (link)
- Serendipity Ribbon Set (link)
- Pretty Pleated Flowers Template (link)
- Citrus Brads Pack (link)
- 1/4” wide hole punch (link)
- Zots™ (link)
- Brown inkpad (link)
- Yellow and white cardstock (link)
- Apply brown ink to the edges of a 6 1/2”x7” rectangle of green floral paper. Glue to the left side of the blue bordered paper, 1” from the bottom of the page and 1/2” from the left edge. Wrap blue metallic ribbon around the bottom of the 5”x7” photo and knot at the left side. Glue a length or yellow rick rack under the blue ribbon, gluing the ends to the back of the photo edges. Mat the photo with yellow cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Glue to extend off the top of the green flower mat.
- Trace the Lacy flower pattern onto the back of the white floral paper according to the template instructions. Use small scissors to cut out the oval openings while the petals are folded. Assemble the flower and use Zots™ to glue the flower to the top left corner of the photo. Trace a Flower Center onto orange paper and fold. Insert a standard pink brad through the center and glue the prongs into the center of the larger flower.
- Trace and cut two Penelope flowers onto pink dot paper and glue to the right edge of the photo. Trace and cut 2 orange Flower Centers and secure a blue mini brad through the center of each. Glue the prongs to the center of each pink flower. Trace and cut a Flower Center from orange, pink dot and white floral paper. Fold and secure to the right side of the page using blue and pink brads.
- Write on thin white strips and glue above the photo and down the right edge.