Happy 4th Page
By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Use star-shaped pockets to hold photos or journaling, and to make a fun 4th of July page border. The Playful Pockets Template also includes other themes that could be easily substituted.
Font: Apple Chancery 36 & 90 pt.
- Homeward Bound Paper Pack
- Homeward Bound Ribbon Set
- Playful Pockets Template
- Happy Birthday Cutting Die
- Silver Star Super Sized Brads
- Die Cutting/Embossing Machine
- Stylus & Pad
- Kraft Cardstock
- Brown Ink Pad
- X-acto® knife
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Glue Stick
- Fine-tip black pen or computer printer
- Cut the Homeward Bound ivory paper to 11 3/8” square and ink edges brown. Glue to the center of 12” square Kraft cardstock. Ink edges of 12”x5/8” blue stripe and 12”x1” red/blue stripe Homeward Bound Paper. Glue the red/blue stripe paper 1½” from the bottom, and the blue stripe paper 1/8” above the red/blue paper.
- Mat 6”x4” photo with Kraft cardstock, leaving 1/8” border and ink edges. Mat with red Homeward Bound paper, leaving ¼” border and glue 4” from the page bottom and 1¾” from the left.
- Trace the Playful Pockets Template star tag on blue, red, blue stripe and red/blue stripe Homeward Bound Paper. Cut out and ink edges brown using stylus and pad. Trace a Playful Pocket Template Star Catcher on red/blue stripe with a blue pocket and on red with a map pocket. Ink edges, fold and glue according to the template instructions. Glue the Star Catcher Playful Pockets down the right side of the page, as shown, with 2 overlapping star tags in between pockets.
- Mat two 2”x3” photos with Kraft cardstock. Wrap one photo with Homeward Bound Ribbons tan twine around the top and glue the photos inside the pockets. Secure two Star Super Size Brads overlapping pockets and tie a knot of blue swirl Homeward Bound Ribbon to one. Glue the 2 remaining star tags to the top left photo corner and secure remaining Star Super Size Brad as shown. Tie a knot of blue swirl ribbon to the star.
- Write or print patriotic words and a large “4th” onto Kraft cardstock. Trace around the “4th” with the Playful Pockets Template star tag. Cut the words into strips and ink all edges brown. Foam tape words among the stars as shown. Glue the “4th” star to the striped papers as shown. Die cut “Happy” from the Happy Birthday Cutting Dies from red cardstock and ink edges brown. Glue to the left side of the border, overlapping the “4th” star.