Back to School
September is right around the corner, which means one thing for parents: Time for Back to School! Remember this time of year? New clothes, new supplies and a new teacher, old friends and oh that homework! Is your child nervous? Scared? Excited? Gear up for school scrapbooking with a Back to School layout that covers it all!
About this Page
LeNae paired the School Finished in a Flash!™ kit with some basic cardstock, an ink pad and some adhesive to create this 12"x12" layout, plus a card and a cute door hanger...and still had supplies leftover! She chose a bordered paper for the background of the layout, accenting the border with a series of brads and a cute punch-out. She used the solid portion of the background to display 4 school photos, plus journaling and punch-out embellishments.
LeNae’s Tip of the Month
We know you're interested in scrapbooking, but did you know that your papers and embellishments aren't just for scrapbooking! Hot Off The Press' themed Finished in a Flash!™ kits give you papers, punch-outs, Brad Buddies™, brads and ribbon, totally coordinated and versatile enough for any craft. So once you've completed your scrapbook pages, you can use the leftover supplies to create cards and decorate other surfaces!
LeNae’s Steps to Making this Layout
- Place the yellow paper with the patchwork border at the bottom. Mat a vertical photo on blue textured paper. Computer journal onto white cardstock and crop to the same width as the photo, then glue below the photo. Cut the blue paper to 1/8" around the photo and journaling, then glue over the left side of the yellow portion of the background. Add a red brad to the left and right edges of the journaling. Glue the “Back to School” label punch-out over the space between the photo and journaling.
- Mat a horizontal photo on blue textured paper and trim to 1/8". Glue the “Bus Stop” tab punch-out around the top right edge of the photo, then glue the photo in the top right corner of the page.
- Mat two 2"x3" photos on blue textured paper with 1 5/8" of space between, then trim the mat to 1/8". Glue the matted photos below the horizontal photo. Foam tape apple and pencil punch-outs in the space between the two smaller photos.
- Add a red, yellow and blue brad to the right end of the green ribbon border printed on the background paper. Knot yellow ribbon around a punch-out representing the grade and glue in the bottom right corner of the page.
LeNae’s Supplies for Making this Layout:
Bonus Card Project!
With just a blank card, some black cardstock and a box of Zots™, you can use the supplies in your School Finished in a Flash!™ to create LeNae's school-themed card, too!
- Place the blank card with the fold on the left. Glue plaid paper over the card front, trimming the excess even with the edges of the card. Glue a 1 1/4"-wide strip of blue textured paper even with the right edge of the card front, trimming the excess. Glue the ruler border punch-out overlapping the seam between the plaid and blue paper, trimming it even with the edges of the card.
- Computer journal the teacher's name onto white cardstock. Mat the name on black cardstock, trim the mat to 1/8". Add a red mini brad to each end of the name, then glue the name across the top of the card front.
- Attach the pencil Brad Buddy™ over the left side of the apple punch-out. Glue the apple over the bottom of the card front, holding the end of the pencil Brad Buddy™ in place with a Zot™.
- Add a blue star brad to the left end of the “teacher” punch-out. Foam tape the punch-out over the right side of the apple.
Bonus Door Hanger!
It doesn't just stop at scrapbook pages and cards! Use even more leftover supplies in your School Finished in a Flash!™ to make this adorable door hanger, perfect for teachers!
- Glue blue bordered paper over a 3 3/4"x12" piece of white cardstock, placing the border along the bottom. Trim the paper even with the edges of the cardstock, then use scissors or a punch to round all 4 corners.
- Use a craft knife and cutting mat or a punch to create a 2 1/8"-wide circle at the top of the hanger, then use a craft knife to cut a 3/4"-long slit extending from the bottom of the circle.
- Computer journal the teacher's name onto white cardstock, then mat on black cardstock and trim to 1/8". Add an apple brad to the top right corner of the name and glue it at an angle just above the striped border. Foam tape a star punch-out below the bottom left corner of the name.
- Accent a grade number punch-out with a red, blue and black mini brad, then glue above the teacher's name. Add a red star brad to the left end of the “grade” punch-out and foam tape it below the grade number.
- Wrap 10" of red ribbon around the bottom of the hanger, knotting the tails together on the front side.