Favorite Things Page
By: Lodell Halvorson
Designer Tip: You can use glitter and beads to finish or add sparkle to your scrapbook pages. Beading beads onto baker’s twine is always gives you flexibly in placing the little beads designs.
- Noted paper pack (link)
- 15 Butterflies & Dragonflies template (link)
- Little Bottles – Natural (link), Gold Glitter (link)
- Baker’s Twine – neutral (link)
- Design Tool Kit #2 (link)
- Artist Spackle (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Glue pad (link)
- Computer printer – Harrington font
- Use Noted Paper pack, brown script paper for the background with the swirl design on the left. Mat a 4”x6” and 5”x7” photo on tan paper with 1/8” borders. Apply glue to the edges with the glue pad. Sprinkle gold glitter on the 4”x6” and copper on the 5”x7” and set aside to dry.
- Mask the template so that only the 3 butterflies show that you will be using. Place on tan Noted paper and tape in place. Spread artist spackle evenly over the butterflies with a gift card or other flat edge. Immediately sprinkle beads over the butterflies and press down into the spackle. Apply glitter over the beads and press down gently. Lift off the template and let the butterflies dry completely.
- Cut a Fancy Cutaway from tan/black Noted paper using the Design Tool kit and glue 2” from the right and 1 1/2” from the top. Cut a 8 1/2”x3 1/2” Noted tan script. Cut a 8 1/2”x1” butterfly strip and glue it to the bottom of the tan script. Glue to the page 3/4” from the bottom and 1 1/2” from the right.
- Glue the 5”x7” photo 1” from the top and 1 1/2” from the left. Glue or foam tape the 4”x6” photo 1” from the right and 2” from the bottom.
- Cut around the butterflies next to the edge. Glue the large and small ones to the page as shown and foam tape the medium butterfly.
- Print your journaling on tan paper and trace and cut a Victorian Tag. Mat on houndstooth and foam tape to the left of the page as shown. Zotä an ivory bow at the top of the tag and insert two pins threaded with beads.
- Print “Love” on tan and cut out an oval. Mat on stripe with 1/8” borders.
- Using baker’s twine or thread, string beads and Zotä to the left of the page as shown.