Jenna's Princess Birthday Party
Have a little princess in your life? Many of us do, though as our daughters, granddaughters and nieces grow older, most of them leave behind that oh-so-desirable fairy tale lifestyle. Capture the joy and innocence of your special little ladies with a lovely layout devoted to the beauty and wonder of life as a princess.
About this Page
Soft, pastel colors from Busy Scrapper's Solution Girls: Baby & Toddler Papers are perfect for princess pages! LeNae selected an adorable polka dot paper for the background of this layout, then chose coordinating striped and textured papers to create photo and journaling mats and a matching slide mount embellishment. She added texture with knotted ribbons and boosted the dimension on the page with brads and girly Brad Dress-Ups™!
Brad Dress-Ups™ are brand-new scrapbooking embellishments that add great color and dimension to your projects–and they're super easy to use! Each pack contains 6 metal embellishments plus shaped brads to attach them to your pages. Just place the Dress-Up™ on your page and use a pencil to lightly mark the holes where the brads will go. Remove the Dress-Up™ and punch or poke a hole over each pencil mark. Then, simply replace the Dress-Up™ and add the brads to the pre-punched holes! For extra reinforcement, you can add one or two Glue Dots™ under the metal Dress-Up™ to make sure it stays in place on your page.
LeNae’s Steps to Making this Layout:
- Use the yellow polka dot paper as the background, placing the paper with the stripe border on the left. Mat a 7"x5" photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8". Mat again on pastel stripe paper (stripes running horizontally), trimming the mat to 1/2". Mat a third time on lavender textured paper, leaving the left edge unglued and trimming the mat to 3/16". Computer journal the date onto white cardstock and crop to a small rectangle. Glue the journaling behind the bottom left edge of the pastel stripe mat, then glue the left edge of the mat in place. Glue the matted photo 1 3/4" from the top and 1 1/4" from the left edge of the page.
- Knot a short length of pink grosgrain ribbon around the handle on a purse Brad Dress-Up™, trimming the ribbon tails at an angle. Lay the Dress-Up™ at an angle over the top right corner of the photo, then insert the pink heart brad to hold the Dress-Up™ in place.
- Computer journal onto white cardstock and crop to a horizontal rectangle with about 3 1/4" of blank space to the left of the journaling. Mat on lavender textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/8". Glue the journaling centered under the photo and add a pink mini brad to each corner.
- Cover a slide mount with pastel stripes paper (see the sidebar to the right for instructions). Place the slide mount with the stripes running horizontally. Cut a 2" length of pink grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Fold the ribbon around the bottom right edge of the slide mount and use Glue Dots™ to hold it in place. Glue the slide mount over the blank space to the left of the journaling. Use bright pink mini heart brads and a red heart brad to attach a crown Dress-Up™ in the center of the slide mount.
- Knot three 4" lengths of pink grosgrain ribbon and trim the ends of each at an angle. Use Glue Dots™ to secure the knotted ribbons evenly spaced down the stripe border printed on the background paper.
LeNae’s Supplies for Making this Layout:
- Paper Pizazz® Busy Scrapper's Solution Girls: Baby & Toddler Papers: Yellow polka dot, pastel stripe and lavender textured papers
- Girl Brad Dress-Ups™
- Slide Mount Mania™ Large Square Slide Mounts
- Cardmaker's™ Icy Rainbow Ribbons: Light pink grosgrain ribbon
- baby pink brads
- white cardstock
- 1/16" hole punch
- craft knife, cutting mat
- Glue Dots™
- glue stick