About this page:
For these pages depicting the school play, I wanted to focus on the time of year that the play took place. Because the spread is seasonal and not theatrically themed, it could be used for back to school or Halloween very easily. Simply substitute the “Fall Play” title for “Fall Days” “ School Days” or "Trick Or Treat.”
Embellishing the title with tags, brads and leaves made it more colorful and interesting. Adhering silk leaves to paper is easy when you use a few Zots™ under each one.
I really don’t like the look of my own handwriting, but I have been trying to use it more. I prefer to write on tags and strips of paper because if I make a mistake (like a spelling error) I can simply start over. If I write directly on the page-that becomes less forgiving.
Scrapbooking supplies for this layout:
- Autumn Backgrounds Papers
- Autumn Leaves
- Autumn Brad Pack
- Bright Monograms
- Foam tape
- Black inkpad
- Fine tip black pen
- Dark brown and purple cardstock
- Brown embroidery floss
- Sand paper
Instructions for this layout:
Sand the edges of the letters by placing them on a protected surface and gently sand in small circular motions. Arrange the letters across the top of the page, embellishing the first and last with standard brads and tags. Adhere medium leaves under one letter in each word.
- Mat a 5”x7” photo with purple cardstock, leaving a 1/8” wide border. Ink the edges black. Arrange the photo on striped paper, trim to a 1/2” wide mat on three sides with the bottom edge torn to measure 3/4”. Sand the torn paper edge. Adhere the mat to the orange page as shown. Secure brads to the top left and right and foam tape a paper bookplate below the photo, with a caption.
- Mat a 3”x4 1/2” photo with dark brown cardstock. Arrange and glue the photo slightly under the larger photo. Journal on a yellow tab and glue to the photo edge. Glue two small leaves below the photo, overlapping as shown.
- Tear one long edge on a sheet of orange paper so that the paper measures 8”x12”. Mat a 4”x6” photo with purple cardstock and ink the edges. Place a 3 1/2”x6 1/2” striped rectangle with a torn bottom edge, to the right side of the page. Attach the matted photo on top as shown. Secure two brads at the top and a journaling tag and yellow leaf under the photo.
- Mat two 2 1/2”x3” photos on dark brown cardstock and arrange them overlapping on the left side of the page. Glue a green leaf between the photos as shown.