The Lake House
By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Use paper strips and rick rack to create borders at the top and bottom of the page. Cut “v’s” in strips of paper to create horizontal banners. Mix the patterns on the Papier Tole flowers to customize your design.
- Home Grown Paper Pack
- Farmers Preserves 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts
- Home Grown Ribbon set
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock-red
- 12x12 Kraft paper
- Dark Brown ColorBox Chalk ink pad
- Fine point black pen
- Foam tape
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Background: Cut 12”x1” strips of vertical striped paper and glue across the top and bottom of the yellow daisy paper. Glue 12”x1” strips of red check paper and glue above and below the striped paper. Glue lengths of rust rick rack between the 2 papers.
- Banners: Cut a “v” in the left end of 11 1/4”x3 1/2” blue label paper. Ink the edges and glue across the page, 1” above the bottom border. Cut a “v” in one end of 3 1/2”x2 1/2” craft paper rectangle. Ink the edges with the surface of the inkpad and above the blue label banner.
- Photos: Mat the two 6”x4” photos on 1 piece of red cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border between the photos and around the outside edges. Glue the photos to the right side of the page, over the banner ends and between borders. Use the pen to write the page title on the craft paper banner.
- Papier Tole: Assemble the Papier Tole flowers using foam tape and mixing the patterns at the top layer. Glue a blue flower to the right side of the photos. Glue 3 flowers to the blue label banner and 1 small flower to the top right of the craft paper banner. Fold 2” lengths of brown stitched ribbon and glue the fold to extend from under the flower at the top of the page and 1 at the bottom.