Cocoa by the Fire
By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Overlapping elements: Overlap the patterned papers, but add a dark line to paper edges by inking with surface of a coordinating inkpad. Overlap photos, filling in empty areas of photo with the edge of another photo and finally, overlap embellishments like Papier Tole and ribbons across the bottoms of the photos.
Font: Bradley Hand ITCSupplies:
- Winter Flannel Paper Pack
- Warm & Cozy Papier Tole
- Winter Flannel Ribbon Collection
- 12x12 Kraft Cardstock
- Timber Brown Fluid Chalk Inkpad
- Zots™ Adhesive Glue Dots
- Foam tape
- Background: Place the blue border paper with the snowflakes on the right. Ink the edges of 9 1/4”x8 3/4” tan snowflake paper and glue flush with the left side of the page.
- Photos: Mat the 4”x6” photo with Kraft Paper cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Ink the edges brown and mat a second time with blue tile patterned paper, leaving a 1/8” border and ink the edge. Glue to the left side of the page, at an angle. Mat two 2 1/2”x3” photos with Kraft paper, leaving a 1/4” border and ink the edge. Glue to the right side of the tan snowflake paper, overlapping as shown.
- Papier Tole: Assemble the Papier Tole mittens/heart, using foam tape between the layers. Glue between the photos at the top of the tan snowflake paper. Glue Dot a small green bow at the top of the heart. Assemble the mitten border and cut to the same width as the large photo. Glue across the bottom of the photo.
- Cut 3 1/2” lengths of ivory mini rick rack and glue 2 across the bottom of the small top photo and one length across the bottom photo. Glue “Extra Art” snowflake Tole to each border.
- Write on strips of 1/2”x 2 1/2” Kraft Paper and tear the ends. Ink the edges with ink pad surface and glue to the page, overlapping the top photo as shown.