Christmas Morning Traditions
From the memorable decorations and favorite baked goodies to annual houseguests and that special dinner menu, traditions are what make holidays at your house truly yours.
About this Page
LeNae chose a versatile bordered paper from Busy Scrapper's Solution Christmas Papers as the background for this layout. She created a large photo mat using a coordinating paper from the same collection, adding a cool border made of Great Big Brads™ and Rub-Ons. LeNae clustered more Great Big Brads™ in the corner of the page, along with a small matted photo and artwork cut-out. She added strips of computer journaling listing the family's Christmas traditions, then topped off the page with a bit of grosgrain ribbon for texture.
Great Big Brads™ and Rub-Ons make excellent embellishments, borders and flower centers—and they couldn't be easier to use! To apply one of the rub-ons to the top of a Great Big Brad™, first insert the brad into a piece of scrap paper, then separate the prongs on the back and set it on a flat surface. Cut out the rub-on that you'd like to use and remove the clear plastic lining. Place the rub-on face down, centered on top of the brad, then rub the craft stick (included with each pack of rub-ons) all over the back of the rub-on. Carefully lift the corner of the rub-on backing to make sure the rub-on has transferred to the top of the brad. If not, try rubbing with more pressure until the rub-on has transferred. Once transferred, simply remove the backing to reveal your customized brad.
LeNae's Steps to Making this Layout:
- Place the red with stripe border paper with the border running along the bottom. Cut a 9"x5 1/2" piece from the top left corner of the tan with Christmas words paper (including the words), ink the edges and glue it 1 1/4" from the top of the page.
- Mat a horizontal photo on white cardstock, trim the mat to 1/16" and ink the edges. Glue the matted photo over the left side of the tan words paper piece. Tie an 8" length of black grosgrain ribbon into a shoestring bow and Glue Dot™ the bow over the left edge of the tan words paper.
- Add the "blessings" rub-on to a white Great Big Brad™ and use the brad to attach a small red silk flower next to the bottom right corner of the photo. Add the "wish" and "gift" rub-ons to two red Great Big Brads™ and add the "celebrate", "2-gether" and "happy" rub-ons to three green Great Big Brads™. Attach the brads to the right of the photo as shown.
- Mat a small photo on white cardstock and trim the mat to 1/8". Mat again on the tan portion of the tan with Christmas words paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Computer journal the year in green ink on white cardstock, crop to a small rectangle and ink the edges. Glue the date behind the top right corner of the matted photo, then glue the photo at an angle in the bottom right corner of the page. Use a Glue Dot™ to attach a knotted length of black grosgrain ribbon over the right edge of the photo.
- Add a monogram rub-on to a red Great Big Brad™ and add the "love" rub-on to a white Great Big Brad™. Create a collage to the left of the small photo by gluing an artwork cut-out, adding the white brad and using the red monogram brad to attach a small tan silk flower.
- Computer journal in green ink on white cardstock and cut into strips. Ink the edges of the strips and attach them under the photo with a black mini brad in the left end of each strip.
LeNae's Supplies for Making this Layout:
- Paper Pizazz™ Busy Scrapper's Solution Christmas Papers: Red with stripe border and tan with Christmas words (in the top left corner) papers plus artwork
- Classic Embellish-abilities™: Red and tan silk flowers, black mini brads and black grosgrain ribbon
- Christmas Cookies Great Big Brads™
- Black Words Rub-Ons
- White ABC Rub-Ons
- white cardstock
- black ink pad
- Glue Dots™
- glue stick