Bohemian style is hot. And not just in scrapbooking, but in other paper crafts too, not to mention CD artwork, t-shirt designs, dinnerware and more. So, what is "bohemian" anyway?
"Bohemian" is a style. It's a look. Swirls, medallions and silhouettes, layered flowers and tattoo-style images like wings, birds and crowns are all part of this trend. You'll also find distressing techniques that are easy to achieve, like inking and sanding. The look is similar to the vintage or shabby chic looks you've seen, but edgier and more vibrant.
So give it a try! Products like Bohemian sarapapers™ and Embellish-abilities™ are already patterned with bohemian-style colors and imagery, so you've got a head start. And if you need a little inspiration, turn to fashion catalogs or browse the home décor aisles at your favorite store...this look is everywhere!
About this Page
For the background of this Brother & Sister layout, LeNae chose a pink and blue patterned paper with a swirly bohemian-style border. A large, double-matted photo serves as the focal of the page and has been layered over a torn piece of medallion paper. LeNae added strips of journaling to tell her story, then collaged a smaller photo and dimensional embellishments throughout the page. Crisp white and dark brown accent papers and embellishments lend contrast to the lighter pink and blue colors found in the background.
LeNae's Supplies for Making this Layout:
- Paper Pizazz® Bohemian sarapapers™
- Bohemian Embellish-abilities™
- white cardstock
- black pen
- brown ink pad
- small Zots™
- glue stick
LeNae's Steps to Making this Layout:
- Place a sheet of pink circles paper with the swirly border on the right. Cut a 3 3/4"x7 1/4" piece of brown medallion paper and tear along one long edge. With the torn edge on the left, glue the medallion paper in the top left corner of the background.
- Mat a 7"x5" photo on brown textured paper, leaving the left edge unglued, and trim to 1/8". Mat again on white cardstock and trim to 1/16". Glue the photo across the top of the page, overlapping the medallion paper. Write on the pink tab cut-out and glue it behind the unglued left edge of the photo, then finish gluing the edge in place. Attach a large brown silk flower in the top left corner of the photo with a pink medallion brad.
- Mat a small vertical photo on white cardstock and trim to 1/8". Glue the photo in the bottom right corner of the page with two medallion cut-outs. Use a pink medallion brad to add a small brown silk flower and use Zots™ to add two buttons to the cluster.
- Computer journal in two strips on white cardstock, inking the edge of each. Glue the journaling in the bottom left corner of the page and accent with mini brads. Add a pink medallion brad and Zot™ two buttons in the bottom left corner of the page.