By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Consider using the cut-away portion of the sunburst for a second page or a card.
- Color Me™ Silver Swirls Paper
- Silver Linen Specialty Paper
- Red Fireworks Holographic Paper
- Easy Sunburst Template
- Classic Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Red Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Silver Christmas Cardinals Dazzles™
- Red Polka Dot Ribbon
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Glue Stick
- Turn the Color Me™ Silver Swirls paper over and place the Easy Sunburst Template on point with the “Center Point” circle at the center of the paper, 1 1/2” from the bottom of the paper. Trace all the lines with a pencil onto the paper. Rotate the template at the center, to the left and right to complete the ray design on your background.
- Number the rays on the back of the Color Me™ paper, cut out and remove every other ray in the pattern. Glue the remaining rays to 12”x12” red cardstock. Cut the Silver Linen Specialty paper to 12”x 4 1/2” and glue to the bottom of the paper. Place lengths of Red Jewel Border Dazzles™ along the top of the silver paper.
- Mat a 6”x4” photo on white cardstock, leaving 1/8” border and mat again with Red Fireworks Holographic paper, leaving 1/8” border. Glue overlapping the center of the silver border as shown. Use 1/2” wide red polka dot ribbon to make a bow and Zot™ to the top right photo corner as shown.
- Place the Silver Christmas Cardinals Dazzles™ large bird onto Red Fireworks Holographic paper and trim next to the Dazzles™ edge. Glue to the bottom left corner and place small snowflake Dazzles™ directly on your photo. Mat 2 1/4”x1” Red Fireworks Holographic paper on white cardstock, leaving 1/8” border. Place “Merry Christmas” Dazzles™ and a tiny snowflake. Fold a 1” length of 1/2” wide red polka dot ribbon in half and Zot™ the ends to the back of the rectangle as shown. Foam tape to the bottom of the page as shown.