Shop | About Us | Contact Us

Christmas Sweets Card

Christmas Sweets Card

This week is another Christmas card! It’s got sparkle and bling and a cute little pocket! The Candy Cane Die Cuts are great because you get 2 identical die cut sheets–so you can make 2 of everything! This comes in handy especially if you’re making many Christmas cards. The Pick-a-Pocket template has some super cute pockets and tags and some pockets can hold gift cards! Enjoy!

Print Friendly

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

8 Responses to “Christmas Sweets Card”

1. Linda A says:

It’s never too early to start creating Christmas cards. I love this cute little elf and he looks so cozy tucked inside the Pick-A-Pocket envelope. Imagine the delight of the recipient, when a gift card is also tucked into the envelope. A most welcomed card for any tween or young teen.

2. Elise says:

Another adorable card! I love the way you always add a little bling to bring your cards to life, Ann! Love the Christmas Sweets paper pack and Candy Cane die cuts.

3. Jacqueline says:

Greetings to all!
    What a fun surprise, Holiday Greeting card—I bet kids would really like it! Since, I have already purchased the mini elf, now, I will
    treat myself to the entire Christmas Sweets bundle. An actual mini
    candycane would look festive on the inside held by yet, another elf!
    Making this adorable card will give me much enjoyment! Thanks so much, Ann for all your hard work!
    Speaking of working—I wish that this “Comment Page” would work,
    correctly. Maybe someone will check on it.

4. Tabitha Grace says:

Hi Ann! Adorable card – the little elf is too cute. Your addition of bling really adds the finishing touch. You’re a girl after my own heart. Thanks for a great tutorial & inspiration.
    Blessings-
    tabithagrace

5. Connie says:

Hi Ann, I really enjoyed the demonstration but I have a question. During the demonstration you “inked” your white tag with what looked like a gray ink pad and I am wondering what you used. Since its not part of the package I would like to have the info so I can duplicate the card. Thanks so much!

6. Dee says:

Ann thank you for all your wonderful inspiration when it comes to card making. You do an awesome job and these cards are no exception.

I need your help: I decided on a fairly difficult project when there seems to be easier ones in the book Susan’s Journal of Paper Engineering Secrets by Susan Cobb. I have decided that I would start with the project on page 62 – it is the card that is tri panel and reveals a hidden frame. I made the 5 inch square and the two 5×4 rectangles and did what it said to do. And, I did the 4X7 rectangle. Where I am stuck is the section is when it says to attach the “V” cut rectangles to the card inside gluing around the half windows, etc. Can you help me better understand this to me or perhaps if you can do a video showing how you made it so I can view it over and over and over. I am very visual learner and these directions are stumping me beyond words and I am very frustrated and ready to pull out my hair. Thanks for your help. Like I stated it would be great if you could do a video tutorial on this site for all us that have would like to see it done. Thanks so much.

Dee

• Ann says:

Hi, Dee. I’m sorry it took so long for me to reply to your query! I contacted Susan, and here’s what she told me:

“Some score lines were left off the diagram of the two 5”x4” rectangles, and left out of the text as well. They aren’t planning to reprint the book, so the changes haven’t been made. Here are the changes for the two 5”x4” rectangles:

Cut two 5”x4” rectangles and turn them horizontal. Cut an inverted “V” on the right (the inner point will be 1 7/8” from the center edge), then cut a 1”x2” rectangle out from the left side. Score and fold a vertical line 2” from the end with the 1”x2” rectangle. Repeat the process at opposite ends for the second rectangle.

One other tip—make sure the points beneath the frame aren’t bumping into each other, as can happen when the paper covering comes unglued at the ends. When the card is closed, the frame inside the window shows at the corners and a tiny bit at the sides, so there is a diamond shaped opening at the center with the butterfly in it—so, the butterfly image at the center won’t be completely covered when the card is closed. When the card is opened, the framed area inside the window slides away.”

I hope you’re able to complete the card with this advice! Let me know if you can’t and I’ll see what I can do about making a video.