Shop | About Us | Contact Us

North Pole Village Dazzles

North Pole Village Dazzles card

The technique I’m showing today is a form of paper piecing, wherein I back a Dazzle with various bits of patterned paper. I’m not going to lie…it’s tedious work. BUT, the result is something you can’t get any other way. AND, if you prefer, you don’t have to do paper piecing–you could just slap the sticker on solid white and color it in–it’s all up to you! Regardless of the technique you use, I hope you’ll agree that the North Pole Village Dazzles are super cute and the Holly Mix Em Dazzles are sooo great and versatile–very fun to work with!

NOTE: Sorry for the bundle delay! At the time of posting, the Mix ‘Em Holly Dazzles were backordered so we had to remove it from the bundle. However, you CAN order it separately! Here is the link to the product page. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your patience!

In the bundle:
Rosemary & Thyme 6×6 Paper Pack
North Pole Village Dazzles
Simply Susan Ribbon Set
Green Stickles

Print Friendly

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

15 Responses to “North Pole Village Dazzles”

1. tabitha grace jones says:

Hi Ann! Such a beautiful card – love the details – a wonderful piece of art.
    Thanks for a great tutorial & inspiration.
    Blessings-
    tabithagrace

2. Jacqueline says:

Glad Tidings, Ann!
    Your “Victorian” themed greeting card is “Dazzeling”! I especially enjoy the paper piecing, the extra matting on the greeting and your use of ribbons for the roadway. The extra detail on the house really enhances this
    charming scene! Thanks for all the crafting fun!

3. Glo says:

Thanks, Ann, for showing this technique, I would like to try it, great work. take care!!

4. Joleen says:

Wow, Ann, awesome card! Very creative! Thanks so much for sharing!

5. terrie says:

Ann, the way you paper pieced your Victorian House turned out so awesome.
    great looking card…

6. Linda says:

Hi Ann, Thanks for explaining all your techniques so they are understandable, it is especially helpful to be able to watch as you
    do things. I have a question on the cutting with the craft knife. I
    still have trouble controlling the knife when free cutting (without use of
    ruler)and noticed that your retractable knife has a smaller blade. Do you
    think the smaller blade for free cutting or cutting around images is easier
    than the longer x-acto blade? Do you change your blade often? Thanks

• Ann says:

I would expect that the smaller blade might be a bit easier to control for detail cutting, but I do also use the larger regular size X-acto blade. I do change my blade often to make sure it stays sharp. This is a safety issue as well, since a dull blade makes you press harder, which makes it more likely to slip and cause injury. Not to mention, there’s a world of difference when you’re cutting with a sharp versus a well-used blade. Definitely easier with a sharp blade, and easier to cut “freehand” because you don’t have to press hard at all, avoiding digging deep into your cutting mat. Hope all this helped!

7. Laura says:

Hey, thanks for showing this technique. I did a similar paper backing dazzle on a card recently, but I did it the hard way. I never thought of tracing the shapes onto the paper like you did. I just guessed at the sizes and shapes & had to do a lot of trimming after the paper was stuck to the dazzle. Never again! Now that I saw the way Ann does it, I’ve learned my lesson.

• Ann says:

Thanks for your comment! I have also done paper piecing the hard way, and after many trials (and errors) I figured out this technique. I’m glad I could help!

8. Elise says:

Thanks for sharing another beautiful Christmas card, Ann! This one is probably my favorite. I love your techniques, and appreciate your sharing them so carefully with us. Adding stickles to the trees really adds bling to the card! We think of going ‘home’ for Christmas, and this card gives that warm, cozy feel. Ann, I hope you have a blessed Christmas with your family!

9. Carol Lee says:

An absolutely dazzling card! Love it!!!

10. Diana F says:

Beautiful card, Ann. I love all the paper piecing details you added. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!

11. Ginny says:

Merry Christmas Ann Felix and Gabriel !

12. Jacqueline says:

Frosty Greetings from “Minne-Snowta”, Ann!
    I received my “North Pole Village Dazzles” and 3-Pack “Holly Dazzles”
    this week-end, so, I am ready to be challenged with paper piecing “Dazzles”! I am using the yellow sheet from the “Rosemary and Thyme” paper pack for the window treatments to simulate lights in the house. Also, I am using the “Vintage Christmas Ribbon” set to adorn the card. Two shades of ultra fine, green glitter will sparkle the spruce trees! Lastly, I was surprised how TINY the village dazzle pieces are in person and how LARGE some of the “Holly Dazzles” are in person!
    Thanks for all your unique creations!

13. Dawn B. says:

This card is so cute! Keep showing us your great ideas and techniques.