Shop | About Us | Contact Us

Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD

Fantastic Folded DVD Card 1

Fantastic Folded DVD Card 2

Fantastic Folded DVD Card Inside 1

Fantastic Folded DVD Card Inside 2

This week’s card is a unique one with a fun opening! It may look tricky at first, but it is really simple to make. I love that Teresa’s Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD is so easy to follow and that there are 100 card ideas to choose from! It really makes creativity a cinch. I took her “Checkerboard Card” idea and made it my own, using the Simple Roses Embossing Folder, some pretty specialty papers, and the beautiful Lacy Flowers Dazzles. I also used a fun and versatile product (available here) called Spectrum Noir. Come check it out!

Print Friendly

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

11 Responses to “Fantastic Folded Cards & Boxes DVD”

1. Glo says:

Greetings Ann!

I love the techniques you used for this card, you have such good ideas, I want to try it too. Thanks, take care!……

2. Elise says:

Hi Ann! Thanks for another great card idea! I have many Spectrum Noir pens and love the technique of using them along with the Dazzles! The shadowing of the letters gives the card more depth. I also love the unique, folded card. Have a wonderful week!

3. Jacqueline says:

Springtime Greetings, Ann!

Your fresh and inviting card actually looks like a gift awaiting opening!
    I especially enjoy the gradient of purple hues enhancing the entire card.
    Again, I imagine the versatility of the greeting card for many occasions.
    Thanks for all hard work!

4. Jacqueline says:

A Sunny, Warm Greeting to you, again, Ann!

I mused over the delectable card and I decided to “go for it”—even though
    I have a backlog of your fun creations to do! Since, I had some of the components of the “bundle” already, I ordered the Purple Spectrum Noir Pens, the Lacy Flower Dazzles both in black and silver pearl, and the Simple Roses Embossing Folder.
    Thank you for your detailed approach to creating your “wonderfilled” projects! I think that this “hands on card” will be fun to construct for
    many recipients—especially, children!

5. Linda A says:

What a fun-loving card; looks like the recipient is opening a gift. This style of card could easily have an envelope attached on the inside, to hold gift cards, tickets, or certificates. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

6. kathy says:

awesome card, have the cd, can’t wait to try some of the techniques

7. Martie Rollin says:

In my ignorance, I didn’t realize you were still teaching for Paper Wishes…so glad I’ve found you again!! I really enjoy your friendly style of presenting new techniques and products. Thank you so much for all that I have learned from your videos. As that famous guy said, “I’ll be back!”

8. Dawn B. says:

Nice design. I love the embossing folder. The coloring technique used on the Dazzles is a great. This makes the lettering pop off the page.

9. Elise says:

Hi again, Ann! After watching this again, I have a question about embossing folders and different kinds of papers. Would I need to spritz the glimmer paper and/or suede papers before embossing as I do with other papers? Does it have to do with the weight of each paper? Thanks for your time and expertise!

• Ann says:

Great question! It doesn’t have to do with the weight of the paper, but it has to do with whether or not the paper will absorb the water. Glimmer paper would probably benefit from a light spritz, since it’s similar to regular paper/cardstock. Suede paper does not need to be sprayed, it is made from a different material. Any material that has a non-porous surface and doesn’t absorb a light spray of water should not be sprayed (i.e., shiny/glossy paper, holographic or foil paper, plastic-like materials, etc.). Any material like paper or cardstock that will absorb the water spray (think things that would warp or wrinkle if they got really wet) can benefit from a light spraying before being embossed, as it softens the fibers of the paper so it more easily molds to the embossing folder. That all being said, water spritzing is optional in all cases, simply a recommendation, as I’ve found it helpful to create a sharper image. Thanks for your question!