Shop | About Us | Contact Us

Mother's Day Card 2

Mother's Day Card 3

Mother's Day Card 3.5

Mother's Day Card 3

Mother's Day Card 4

Mother's Day Card 5

This week I’m making a Mother’s Day card, although you don’t need a national holiday to send your mother (or a mother you know) a card! I am excited to share with you a special inking technique using embossing folders–it really is beautiful (you might have noticed I have twice as many photos up as normal–the last 3 are photos of the inside of the card, which uses the reverse technique of the front!). I just got carried away trying to convey the fantastic color and dimension that this technique creates! I love the Simply Susan’s papers, they are just up my alley, especially the color combos (and how awesome that Aquamarine Fluid Chalk ink happens to match perfectly?). I hope you are as excited about experimenting with this newfound technique as I am! Or maybe you’ve already discovered it yourself. Either way, whoever you send this card to is sure to be impressed! (Congratulations if you caught that pun) :) Get ready to have some embossing folder fun!

Print Friendly

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

12 Responses to “Mother’s Day Card”

1. Tina says:

I love the card! The folder and the stamps look like must haves.

2. Jacqueline says:

Happy Mom’s Day to you, Ann!
    Simply gorgeous! I especially like the embossing techniques and the tranquil color choices for a Spring greeting card! Aquamarine is my
    birthstone and my favorite color. Thanks for making our projects look
    fabulous!

3. terrie says:

Such a lovely and well made card Ann…
    I have that little dandelion stamp and the chalk ink..

Wishing you a Happy Mother’s Day!!

4. Elise says:

Hi, Ann! Thanks for the beautiful card idea! I love the Simply Susan paper and the dandelion folder and stamp. Thanks for the tips on coloring the folder to make a lovely card that matches the paper!

5. Glo says:

Greetings Ann!
    What a cheerful card and wonderful techniques you’ve shared with us.

6. Jane Gotelli says:

Another wining design. Very pretty. Simply Susan is my favorite paper ever. I have the matching stamps and have made many (if I say so myself) beautiful cards and scrapbook pages with them. I have every thing you used except the small dandelion stamp. I have an older stamp set that has a small dandelion with separate leaves. I will see if I can use that. I don’t have my mother any more but always make one for my daughter and daughter-in-law. I know they will love this card.

7. Carol Lee says:

I love this card! Thanks for the tip about cleaning a new stamp as I did have one with words that was doing it and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Love starting my week with your videos

8. Connie says:

Happy Mother’s Day Ann, Love your tips and your beautiful Mother’s Day card

9. Annette Siverson Romanoff says:

Happy Mother’s Day to you Ann and thank you for your webisodes and tutorials. Love them all, so please keep them coming!

10. Darlene Loucks says:

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the technique!

11. Leilani says:

I actually just “stumbled” upon Ann’s own videos. I have missed your instructional videos with Paulette. I am glad I found you. I just loved the aqua dandelion Mother’s Day card. Just gorgeous.

12. Jackie Garlitz says:

Ann, this card is just gorgeous. But when I tried the inking technique, my colors were all blotchy and smeared. I tried several times and could never get the color smooth and even like you did. I used a sponge and dabbed it, rubbed it, stroked it, everything I could think of and it still looked horrible. Any tips?