Happy New Year!
By LeNae Gerig
Looking for a classic way to wish someone a happy New Year? This quick and easy card takes just minutes to make. Using a random design like a swirl takes the guess-work out of placement. To make the border, LeNae simply stamped 1 1/2 times down the card edge, overlapping the loops on the end. Her other tip? When stamping on the gray rectangle in the center of the card, don’t bother to stamp in the middle since the tag will cover it. Quick, easy and elegant!
- Cardmaker’s Classic Creative Pack
- Winter Swirls Acrylic Stamps
- Acrylic block
- Cardmaker’s Classic Ribbons
- 5"x6 1/2" Blank White Cards & Envelopes
- Versafine™ Black Onyx ink pad
- Foam tape
- small Zots™
- Stamp the large swirl border along the right side of the card front. Measure 1 1/2"
from the stamped edge and glue gray clocks paper to the card surface. Trim the paper even with the card edges. Ink the edges of the card.
- For the focal: Write or computer-generate “New Year!” on the bottom of the clock tag. Cut a 2 1/2"x3 3/4" rectangle of gray weave paper and stamp swirls over the rectangle, extending off the edges of the paper. Mat the rectangle with black glimmer paper, leaving a 1/8" border.
- Ink the edges of the clock tag cut-out with black, then glue to the rectangle. Use a Zot™ to attach a knotted length of gingham to the top. Foam tape the rectangle to the card front as shown.
- For the card inside: Stamp a border of the large swirl along the right edge of the card inside. Write or computer journal on the clcok tag cut-out. Ink the edges of the tag and glue to “hang” from the border as shown. Top the tag with a knotted length of gingham ribbon.