Warm Winter Wishes
By Tessa Bundy
Tessa's Designer Tip
- Stamp the multi-sized asterix marks repeatedly on a segment of snowflake foil board without the corner design to echo the snowflakes on the foil board used in the background.
- Stamp brackets onto tags to frame words.
- Stamp between two layers of your card, like the foil board and the monogram, to bridge the different elements of your project.
- Snowflake Corner Foil Paper
- Christmas Stripes Foil Paper
- Thing-a-ma-jigs stamps
- Acrylic block
- Black Staz-On™ inkpad
- Chocolate monograms
- Chocolate brad pack
- 1/8" hole punch
- Foam tape
- Black pen
- Susan's Tags Template
- White cardstock
- Red embroidery floss
- FRONT: Turn Snowflake foil board so the corner design is on bottom left. Trim 1" off of the bottom of the foil board, then attach to the card front so that the bottom left corners line up. Trim off the excess.
- Cut two identical 3 1/2" strips of striped foil board. Trim each strip down to 3 1/2" squares – the squares should be identical. Cut one square in half diagonally from the upper right to the lower left. Cut the second square in half diagonally from the upper left to the lower right. Turn this piece so that it lines up with the first piece to create a square. Attach both pieces on white cardstock matting, with 1/8" border on the left and bottom edges. Attach this square in upper right corner of card front.
- Cut a 3" square of silver dots from the Snowflake Border foil board. Place on scratch paper and stamp large and small asterix marks along the right portion of the square, stamping some images off the edges. Then mat on white cardstock, leaving 1/8" border on left and bottom edges. Attach over first square in the upper right corner of the card.
- Cut a 1/8" wide strip of white cardstock. Attach 4 1/2" length 1/2" in from the left side of card, starting at the top. Attach 6" length 1/2" up from the bottom edge of the card, lining up the left end with the tip of the first strip. Trim excess from the right edge if necessary.
- Trace and cut a small tag from white cardstock. Stamp a small bracket on the bottom of the tag. Journal sentiments across the tag, horizontally. Punch a hole at the top of the tag and thread with 4 1/2" length of red embroidery floss. Tie the ends of the thread in a knot.
- Punch out an ivory monogram and journal along the right side. Slip the knot of red embroidery floss over the left portion of the monogram. Glue the monogram centered over the blue dots square in the upper right. Foam tape the tag over the striped border at the left. Stamp "&" sign along the left edge of the monogram, overlapping the foil board.
- Embellish by adding standard and mini sized white brads to the centers of the snowflake designs on the foil board. Glue the entire piece to the card front.
- INSIDE: Trim two identical 3/4" strips of striped foil board. Trim one strip down to 5", the other to 6 1/2". Cut the left end of the first strip diagonally from the upper left to the bottom edge 3/4" in from the end. Turn this piece up on pointed end. Cut the left end of the second strip diagonally from the lower left to the top edge 3/4" in from the end. Fit this piece to the first. Now attach both pieces on the card inside, creating a border on the left and bottom edges.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/2" portion of remaining Snowflake Corner foil board. Attach to the upper right of the card inside, leaving about 1/8" white border showing between the snowflakes foil board and the striped edge.
- Trace and cut medium a tag from white cardstock. Turn the tag so the top is at the right. Now stamp small and medium asterix marks along the bottom portion of the tag. Journal sentiments across the upper portion of the tag. Punch hole at the top of the tag and thread with a 5" length of red embroidery floss. Tie the ends of the thread in a knot.
- Embellish by adding standard and mini sized white brads to the centers of the snowflake designs on the foil board (and tag). Slip the knot of red embroidery floss under one brad, then foam tape the tag to the foil board.