Special Delivery Card
By Lodell Halvorson
Designer Tips: Use a sticky note to “mask” a stamped image so it doesn’t overlap another. This is helpful when stamping images close together.
- Noteworthy stamp set (link)
- Boutique paper pack (link)
- Layered Labels template (link)
- Dark brown Chalk ink (link)
- White Cardstock (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank card (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Front of the card: Place your card with the fold on the top. Cover the card with houndstooth paper. Cut the brown paper to 5 1/2”x4” and glue to the center of the card. Cut the square patterned paper to 5 1/4”x3 3/4” and glue centered over the brown.
- Stamp the border with brown ink around the outside of the entire card. Sponge ink around the edges.
- Cut a strip of blue dot paper to 6 1/2”x1 1/2” and ink the edges. Glue across the center of the card.
- Trace the Lacy Label template onto white cardstock and cut out. Stamp “Special Delivery” on the bottom portion of the label. Use a sticky note or scrap of paper to cover (mask) the stamped image.
- Stamp the roses in the center of the label. Ink the edges and mat with brown paper with 1/8” borders. Color in the images with chalk.
- Inside the card: Cut the square patterned paper to 6 1/2”x1 3/4” and ink the edges. Glue to the card 1 1/4” from the bottom. Cut the blue dot paper to 6 1/2”x1 1/4” and ink the edges. Glue to the center of the other strip.
- Stamp “Carte Postal” on white cardstock. Trace and cut out label and ink the edges. Mat on brown paper with 1/8” borders. Glue over the strip 3/4” from the left side. Color the image lightly with chalk.