Love Is a Gift
By Gail Booth
Designer’s Tip: Masking and stamping off are two simple ways to use the same stamp.
- Penelope Paper Pack
- Penelope Ribbon Set
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- White Lacey Butterfly Dazzles
- Flower Silhouettes Stamp Set
- Heart to Heart Stamp Set
- Berrylicious Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Ice Jade Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Acrylic block
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Ink the edges green. Ink the edges of a 6 1/4”x4 3/4” red/green tiny floral paper pink and place at upper left corner. Ink the edges of a 6”x4 1/2” red dot paper pink and place at upper left corner. Place a doily dazzle (with center) on lower right corner.
- Stamp a large flower silhouette in pink at the center of a 5 1/4”x3 3/4” green gingham paper, and stamp a second image on a piece of scrap paper (not cardstock). Cut out the scrap flower image and lay on top of the first stamped image, as a “mask” (do not attach). Stamp a flower/leaf silhouette in green over the left side of the masked flower, then again over the right side. Remove mask.
- Stamp “Love is a Gift” in a line across the lower part of the flower images. Ink the edges and place at the upper left corner, rolling up the lower right corner. Place a border Dazzle 1/2” from the lower edge of the green paper and place “innies” Dazzle dots at the flower center. Wrap a 24” length of white ribbon around the top of the card front, making a knot in the ribbon 2” from the right edge and tying a bow on the left.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of the card green. Ink the edges of a 6”x4 1/2” green gingham paper pink and mat on red dot with a 1/8” border. Ink the edges pink and center on your card.
- Use the “Stamping Off” method to stamp a large flower silhouette in pink on scrap paper, then directly onto the gingham paper, as shown. This creates a pale stamped image. Cut out the scrap flower image and “mask” the flower (do not attach). “Stamp Off” a flower/leaf silhouette in green over the right side of the masked flower. Remove the mask.
- Stamp “Love is a gift” three times over the stamped image. Stamp “You are my Favorite”, 1” from lower right corner. Place a border Dazzle 1/2” from the lower edge of the green paper and Zot™ on a small pink bow, as shown.