Happy Valentines Day
By Laura Nicholas
For all of you procrastinators out there this is an easy valentines card that can be made with any selection of coordinating papers. Follow the simple design for a valentine for a friend or a significant other– with these classic colors this card can be a masculine card or a feminine card.
A few tips that make this card stand out: Add an extra embellishment to the stamped image, in this case the flower, to really make your card focal pop. Attach the brads to the paper before adhering it to the card this will hide the prongs, and give the look of a professional finished card.
- Medallions and Corners Acrylic Stamps
- Cardmaker's Classic Creative Kit
- Cardmaker’s Classic Creative Pack
- Cardmaker’s Classic Ribbons
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card
- Foam tape
- Staz-On® ink pad, Jet Black
- Computer font: Apple Chancery
- Cut a 5"x6 1/2" rectangle of the black glimmer paper. Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" rectangle of the clock paper, ink the edges and adhere to the black glimmer. Cut a 1"x4 3/4" strip of the red striped paper, ink the edges and glue to the bottom of the clock paper.
- Cut a 1" square of the grey textured paper and cut at a diagonal. Stamp the corner image on each triangle and ink the edges. Glue to the top corners of the clock paper and add a red mini brad to the center of each.
- Stamp the large medallion on grey texture paper and trim to a square. Mat with red paper and attach a red flower and black brad to the center of the medallion. Foam tape the focal to the center of the clock paper. Print a greeting on grey texture paper and mat with red paper. Adhere under the focal with foam tape.
- Tie a bow with black ribbon and wrap across the seams of the papers. Tuck one end behind the papers and secure with grey mini brads. Secure the other end with a Zot™ under the bow. Glue the entire mat to the face of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3"x5" rectangle of the clock paper, ink the edges and attach a 1" strip of the striped paper to the bottom. Wrap black ribbon across the seams of the papers. Tuck the ends behind the paper and glue inside the card.
- Print a greeting on grey paper, mat on red paper and adhere with foam tape, overlapping the ribbon, as shown. Tie a small knot with black ribbon and adhere to the ribbon with Zots™. Stamp an image in the white space above and below the greeting.