“Time flies…” Card
By LeNae Gerig
How to repeat a stamped border:
Using a clear acrylic block is critical when repeating a stamped border. Stamp the clock border once and then carefully reposition the stamp by lining up the left edge of the stamp with the stamped edge on the right. The edge of the large clock should slightly overlap as your guide.
- 5”x 6 ½” blank white card (link)
- Earth’s Palette Creative Pack (link)
- Timeless Stamps (link)
- Large Acrylic block (link)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Stormy Sky 4003525 & Black Soot (link)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology™ game spinners (link)
- 2 brown, round mini brads
- Foam tape (link)
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card front with medium blue paper. Glue a 6”x4 1/2” rectangle of yellow/blue rose paper to the center. Glue the blue/yellow rose corner cut outs to the top corners.
- Use Black Soot ink to stamp the clock border across a 5”x1 ½” strip of dark blue paper and glue across the card, 5/8” from the card bottom.
- Stamp the large clock onto the parchment paper from the Creative Pack using the Stormy Sky (blue) inkpad. Cut out the clock and secure the game spinners to the center using a brad. Foam tape the clock 1 ¼” from the left side of the card, overlapping the blue border.
- Write the greeting on the tag cut-outs and secure the mini brads. Foam tape to the right side of the clock.
- Inside the card: Write the inside greeting on golden yellow sponge print paper and glue to the inside back. Stamp the grandfather clock using the Black Soot ink to the left of the greeting.