By Lodell Halvorson
Designer Tips: When using markers to ink a stamp, it helps to breathe warm air on the stamp just before stamping to revive the ink that may have dried a little.
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Kaleidoscope paper pack (link)
- Easy Vintage Labels template (link)
- Brush Tip Markers – pastel (link), brown (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Pink buttons (link)
- Baker’s Twine – tertiary (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Cardstock – white, brown (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Front of the card: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover the card with striped paper. Trace and cut a 5”x6 1/2” label on Kaleidoscope teal houndstooth paper. Mat on brown with 1/8” borders. Glue centered on the card.
- Trace and cut a 4”x5” label on Kaleidoscope brown flowered paper. Mat on white with 1/8” borders. Foam tape centered on the card.
- Ink the stamp using brush tip markers and alternating the colors. Breathe on the ink and stamp on 3 1/2”x1 3/4” white cardstock. Mat on brown, then on white with 1/16” borders. Foam tape centered on the card. Thread baker’s twine through buttons, tie knots, and Zot™ to the card as shown.
- Inside the card: Glue a 6 1/2”x2” Kaleidoscope striped paper on the bottom. Leave a 1/8” white gap and glue a 1/4” strip of Kaleidoscope houndstooth as shown. Stamp “It’s Your Day!” on white and cut out 1 1/2”x1” label, 1/16” larger than the template. Trace and cut 1 1/4”x2 1/4” inner label on Kaleidoscope houndstooth and mat on brown with 1/16” borders. Glue over the strip 1/2” from the right.
- Thread baker’s twine through buttons, tie knots, and Zot™ to the card as shown.