Happy Anniversary Page
By Susan Cobb
I created striking focals for this page using the circular frame stamps and scalloped punches. I added words to one circle, and a butterfly to the other. For the butterfly, I masked the wings portion of the stamp so I could stamp only the antennae on the teal circle. Then I stamped the entire butterfly image on pink textured paper, and cut out the wings. Folding the wings on each side of the body gives dimension when the wings are glued to the circle near the antennae.
- Soft Nostalgia Paper Pack (link)
- Soft Nostalgia Ribbons (link)
- Stamp & Punch Stamps set (link)
- Pretty Butterfly Small Stamp (link)
- Acrylic Block (link)
- Brown ink pad (link)
- Punches: 2 ½” scalloped circle (link), 3 ½” scalloped circle (link)
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Zots™ (link)
- Black pen (computer printer optional)
- Sticky notes
- Cotton swab
- Font: Sudestada
- Turn the yellow dotted paper so the floral corner is at the upper left. Mat the 5 ¼”x3 ½” horizontal photo on pink textured paper, leaving a ½” border at the bottom. Stamp the decorative border across the bottom of the mat with brown ink. Mat on brown, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to the page, 2 ½” from the right side and 2 ¾” from the top.
- Mat the 4”x3 ¼” horizontal photo on teal tiles paper, leaving a ¼” border. Mat again on brown, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to the page, ½” from the right side and bottom.
- Write or computer print journaling on pink textured paper and trim to a 4 ¼”x2” rectangle. Mat on brown leaving a 1/16” border, then teal, leaving a 1/8” border. Ink edges brown and glue to the page, 1 ½” from the left side and ¾” from the bottom.
- Stamp the 3 1/8” circular frame on teal tiles paper with brown ink. Now punch out the circle with the 3 ½” scalloped circle punch. Use a cotton swab to ink the scalloped edges. Ink the antennae portion of the large butterfly stamp, then quickly mask the wings and body portion of the stamp with sticky notes. Stamp the antennae on the upper part of the stamped/punched teal circle. Stamp another butterfly on pink textured paper, then cut around the wings and body. Fold the wings at each side of the body, then glue the body to the teal circle, aligning it with the antennae. Glue the circle embellishment to the page, overlapping the upper right corner of the larger photo.
- Stamp the 2 ¼” circular frame stamp on pink textured paper with brown ink, then stamp “Happy Anniversary” on the center. Now punch out the circle with the 2 ½” scalloped circle punch. Use a cotton swab to ink the scalloped edges. Glue to the page overlapping the teal circle as shown.
- Ink and mask the butterfly stamp as in step #3, then stamp the antennae on the background paper above the journaling block as shown. Stamp the butterfly again on pink textured paper, cut it out, fold the wings, and glue to the page as shown. Stamp a small butterfly on the lower left corner of the journaling block.
- Add a ribbon bow to the bottom of the large photo. Embellish the flowers on the background page and the stamped images with Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.