By Lodell Halvorson
Designer Tips: I used the paper-piecing technique to add color to the stamped images.
- Serendipity paper pack and ribbons
- Balancing Elephant stamps
- Hot pink honeycomb paper
- Smooch inks: sassy pink, gold lame, green apple
- Berrylicious Chalk ink
- StazOn® Black
- Vintage Label punch
- White cardstock
- 5”x6 1/2” blank card
- Foam tape
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Cosmetic sponge
- Front of the card: Place your card with the fold on your left. Cover the card with orange paper with the yellow border at the top to resemble a circus tent. Ink the edges of a 3”x3 3/4” white cardstock and mat on flowered paper with 1/4” borders. Glue centered on the card 7/8” from the top.
- Stamp the elephant with black on light blue paper and cut around the edges. Stamp the ball on dark teal and pink paper. Cut around the edge of the teal image. Cut around the two blank stripes on the pink paper and glue them to the teal paper. Stamp the headdress on pink paper and cut around the edges. Glue onto the elephant’s head. Glue the ball with the elephant standing on it to the white cardstock on the card.
- Stamp “Don’t ever forget” on white with Berrylicious ink and punch with the oval shape. Punch a teal scalloped label and glue the greeting to the center. Ink the edges. Glue the green swirl ribbon 1/2” from the card bottom and foam tape the label to the center.
- Use Smooch inks to color in the stars, toenails, flower, headdress, and pink dots across the top. Zotä a pink dotted bow to the upper left corner of the frame.
- Inside the card: Glue a 1 1/2” strip of green floral paper across the bottom of the entire card inside. Cut around the bottom edge of a light blue scallop with 1/16” border and glue across the top of the card.
- Stamp the elephant with black on light blue paper and cut around the edges. Glue to the card sitting on the green floral and 3/4” to the left of the fold. Stamp the headdress on pink and cut around the edges. Glue onto the elephant’s head. Stamp the mouse on light blue and cut around the edges, except for the tail and whiskers. Stamp the half circle pattern onto the hot pink honeycomb paper and cut out. Stamp the stool just above the green paper and 3/4” to the right of the fold. Stamp the mouse sitting on the stool. Glue the cut out mouse over the stamped mouse so the tail, whiskers, and hand movements show. Stamp 3 flowers to the right of the stool, and 2 to the left of the elephant. Glue the honeycomb paper ball to the fold 3/4” above the green floral paper.
- Stamp “How amazing you are!” with Berrylicious on white cardstock and punch with the label shape. Mat on pink dot paper with 1/8” borders. Glue to the card 1” from the right and 1/14” from the top.
- Use Smooch inks to color in the stool, flowers, toenails, and dots across the top.