Happy Spring Card
By Gail Booth
Designer’s Tip: Use several colors of embossing powder on one stamp to get a rainbow look.
- 5”x6 1/2” Blank White Card
- Happy Days Paper Pack
- Painted Flowers Ribbon Set
- Happy Patterns Stamp Set
- Small Lamb Stamp
- Pink, Yellow and Lilac Pastel Embossing Powders
- Black Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Rose Coral and Wisteria Chalk Ink Pads
- Versamark Stamp Pad
- White Cardstock
- Light Blue Cardstock
- 1/2” Corner Chompers
- Acrylic Block
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Heat Gun
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Font: Alex Brush, 26 pt.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Use the Corner Chompers to round the upper corners, and ink the edges rose. Round the upper corners of a 4 1/4”x5 3/4” yellow circle paper, ink the edges pink and mat on blue cardstock with a 1/4” border. Round the upper corners, ink edges wisteria and glue to your card, 1/8” from edges.
- Emboss “Happy Spring!” in black centered at the upper edge of the yellow and stamp it in wisteria and rose on either side. Stamp a row of flowers, alternating wisteria and rose 2” from the upper edge of the yellow.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the chevron border on the upper edge of a 5”x3 1/2” blue arc paper. Use lilac, then yellow, then pink embossing powders across the border and set with the heat gun. Cut 1/16” away from the upper edge of the pattern, ink the edges pink and foam tape to the lower edge of your card. Repeat the process on a 5”x2 1/2” yellow paper, then on a 5”x1 1/2” blue arc paper, foam taping each piece even with the lower edge.
- Emboss three lambs in black on white cardstock and cut out 1/16” around the images. Ink the edges of two of the lambs with wisteria, and one with rose. Glue under the chevron strips as shown. Zot™ on a knot of ribbon, as shown.
- For the inside: Round the corners of a 4 1/2”x4” blue arc paper, ink the edges pink and glue centered on your card, leaving left and right edges unglued. Glue the ends of two ribbons under the right and left edges of the paper, 1” from the lower edge and tie into a bow at the left. Zot™ in place.
- Emboss three lambs on blue cardstock, one with pink, one with lilac and one with yellow. Cut out 1/16” around the images, ink the edges with wisteria and foam tape as shown.
- Journal “Blessings to You at Eastertime!” on a 2 1/2”x1” white cardstock, ink the edges pink, mat on blue cardstock with a 1/8” border, ink the edges wisteria and foam tape as shown.