Don’t Let Life Ruffle Your Feathers
By: Amy Hurley-Purdie
Designer Tip: Try layering different pencil colors to create your own custom color!
- Fancy Feathers Paper Pack
- Feather Stamp Set
- White cardstock
- Watercolor Pencils Greens (156,168)
- Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Teal Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- Teal Jewel Dazzles™
- StazOn® White Ink Pad
- Seedless Preserves Distress Ink Pad
- Acrylic Block
- Foam Tape
- Glue Stick
- Card Front: Place card with fold on the left. Cut 4¾"x6¼” Fancy Feathers green/teal feather paper, and glue centered. Cut 3½”x6¼” Fancy Feathers purple patterned paper. Using the StazOn® White ink pad, stamp the large feathers centered onto the paper. Stamp swirls around the feathers as shown. Let dry.
- Color the feather on the left with watercolor pencil 156, and the feather on the right with 168 leaving a small amount of white on the ends. Mat the long edges on white cardstock leaving 1/16” borders. Glue ½” from the left and 1/16” from the bottom. Using Distress Ink Seedless Preserves stamp “Don’t let life ruffle your feathers” onto 2½”x½” white cardstock. Foam tape ¼” from the left and ¾" from the bottom. Place Teal and Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ ¼” from the bottom. Add Silver and Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Card Inside: Glue 5”x6¼” Fancy Feathers green/teal feather paper centered leaving a 1/16” border on the top and bottom. Cut a 4¼” square from Fancy Feathers purple patterned paper. Using the StazOn® White ink pad, stamp the large feather stamp on the top left and bottom right corners. Stamp “Let your dreams take flight” centered. Stamp “pings” around the sentiment as shown.
- Color the feathers with watercolor pencil 156, and 168 to create a blended look. Color the word “dreams” with watercolor pencil 156. Place Teal and Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ ¼” from the bottom. Add Silver and Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.