Happy Mother's Day Card
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip: Blend the color in the stamps with blending pen for a smooth color. Use a brown pencil around the edges of mats and inside the stamped images and blend for an aged look.
- Vintage Sarapapers
- Vintage Ladies Stamps
- Cardmaker’s Citrus Ribbons
- Cardmaker’s Citrus Creative Kit
- Foam tape
- Glue dots
- Blending pen
- Brown pen
- Colored pencils
- Cut the floral paper to 5"x6 ½". Cut a 1" strip of purple glimmer and randomly stamp the swirl image all over it. Cut a ½" strip of green dot paper and tuck under the glimmer. Cut a 1" strip of striped paper and ink the edges. Tuck under the green dot paper and glue to the right edge of the floral paper.
- Wrap the seam of green dot and glimmer with ribbon and tuck the ends behind the paper.
- Stamp the large lady image onto tan paper and trim. Mat with glimmer and glue overlapping the striped strip. Color the image and blend with the blending pen. Add mini brads along the bottom edge of the mat.
- Print a greeting onto ivory paper and trim. Mat with glimmer paper and overlap the lady mat. Stamp small flowers, color, cut out and blend.
- Add small tag and flower art to the large tag. Stamp small flowers on the small tag and a postmark over the flower. Color the images and blend with the blending pen. Add a mini brad to the tag and glue over the ribbon. Glue dot a bow to the top of the tag.
- Add brown pencil around the edges of the mats and papers and blend for an aged look. Glue to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Stamp a 2" strip of glimmer with the swirl stamp and overlap a 1" strip of green dot paper. Wrap with ribbon and add pen stitching.
- Add a greeting, flower and stamp a postmark to a large tag. Embellish with colored pencils, blending and pen work. Glue inside the card and glue dot a bow to the tag.